Flexible Speaker Cable

The Darker Wave

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys.

I'm moving my vintage Arcam Alpha system to a different room and need to buy some new cables as the speaker distances are different. I'm currently using QED Silver Anniversary XT cables.

Ideally I need to run one of the new cable runs along the skirting board and round a few tight corners.

Can any one recommend a decent cable that's flexible enough to accommodate a few tight turns?

Cheers.

Gray

I'd run trunking along the top of the skirting board for an unobtrusive look .
Cornering can be very neat (and no need for such tight cable bends).
Using the stuff with self adhesive backing makes for an easier job - but still hold it with fixing screws about every foot - because walls are often uneven and the trunking will eventually come unstuck.
As for the cable, your choice. (Multistrand OFC, minimum 2.5mm cross sectional area, Van Damme or equivalent).

Last edited:

Gray

i've got the AudioQuest 16/4 and i think its quite a stiff cable to route. sounds great, but i wouldn't say it is very flexible at all.
Yet they called it Flexslip and promoted its flexibilty and ability to slip through places - but you're right it doesn't suit tight bends, I never thought it was very flexible.
Better to use 2-core shotgun style than anything in a jacket.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts