Having just moved
house I’m looking for a flat speaker
cable that’s compatible with my Naim NAP
140 & Mordant Short Avants.

I’m considering Nordost Flatline, has anybody any idea’s or
comments ?

A

Anonymous

Hi, worth listening to Naim's NACA5 (approx £19/m) or Tellerium Q Black (approx £46/m).

A

Anonymous

Hmm thanks for that, but the cables have to go under

the carpet, so it has to be a flat cable, I know the 140

can be a bit fussy about cable types.

A

Anonymous

Hmm thanks for that, but the cables have to go under

the carpet, so it has to be a flat cable, I know the 140

can be a bit fussy about cable types.

A

Anonymous

+1 for the tellurium black, it sounded very nice when i demo'd it..weather or not its worth £47.00 per metre plus termination is debatable, i prefered my odyssey 4 which only cost £80 from e-bay for a 3m pair terminated.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Nordost flatline is very good, but I haven't really listened to a lot of flat cables. Being all copper I don't have any issues with it being bass light and it certainly isn't bright, but due to differences in personal tastes, YMMV. I think it is a pretty safe choice, although there are cheaper flat cables out there.

Do you have the opportunity to listen to a few different cables at a dealer's if not at home?

A

Anonymous

I'm going to listen to some tomorrow, but unless you can replicate your system at the dealers, which in my case is unlikely, it's all going to be a bit subjective, but I shall have a listen, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the Nordost Flatline Gold mkII, my next query is do I terminte it myself, screw in Banana's or soldered or do I get them terminated by someone like Wyrewizard?

Marie Antoinette

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Tellurium Blue is amazing cable, the advertised price of around £16.50 a metre is unterminated, most people say that the TQ Black at £47 a metre (terminated) is better, indeed I am just "burning" some in having sold my TQ Blue in their favour.

As yet the jury is still out, time will tell.

What I fail to understand however is why Tellurium stipulate a £5 per mono metre surcharge is added for runs below 3 metres! :shame:

A

Anonymous

I didn't know valhalla was that expensive. A friend has it on his surround sound system & something he says is much more expensive on his HiFi! Can't remember what it is though. He had Red Dawn on the surround previously

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
goski2008 said:
I didn't know valhalla was that expensive. A friend has it on his surround sound system & something he says is much more expensive on his HiFi! Can't remember what it is though. He had Red Dawn on the surround previously

If you didn't know, it certainly wouldn't occur to you....or of course, Mad Mallard really might
be nuts. ;)

What kit (both AV/Stereo) does your friend have, that deserves such lofty cable? I would also be intrigued to know what your friend's other cable is, that makes the Valhalla look like bargain basement stuff.

A

Anonymous

Its a pretty impressive system. Not sure of all the parts but there's Martin Logan CLX Anniversary speakers, Plinius power, pre, turntable pre, Linn turntable, Wadia CD, lots of custom soundproofing & all mains cables & plugs are custom. Certainly the best system i've ever heard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts