Fitting banana plugs to amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well I got my banana plugs but i can't see how they are meant to connect to the amps terminals which are sealed? and the same for the speaker terminals to

Help is appreciated lol

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Get a screwdriver or some snipe nosed pliers and prise / pull the bungs out. They are there as part of EU law since banana plugs are the same size as continental power plugs. It's perfectly safe to remove them (carefully).

A

Anonymous

Removing the middle part of the amp terminal is easy, removing the speaker terminal part is proving a lot more annoying lol.

nads

hi fi newbie:Removing the middle part of the amp terminal is easy, removing the speaker terminal part is proving a lot more annoying lol.
stop right there.

just the center blanking plug needs removing.

then plug in the bananna plug into the hole in the terminal.

nads

IMG_2736_800_2.jpg

A

Anonymous

yep that's what i am doing removing the centre blanking plug from the terminals, it's done now cheers guys.

A

Anonymous

Lol nope instead I scare myself with my carelessness because I have just realised I have misplaced the speaker connections (those metal braces)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
hi fi newbie:Lol nope instead I scare myself with my carelessness because I have just realised I have misplaced the speaker connections (those metal braces)

Yeah I've done that with my Kefs, bloody irritating, now I'm FORCED to bi-wire! what a hardship...

A

Anonymous

Oh okay, also not sure two sets of cable will fit into the banana plugs

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
You just need a set of jumper cables,can be bought ready made or as previously mentioned cut a couple of short lengths from your speaker cable,will probably do a better job than those brass plates as well

clubman

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Use a corkscrew!

Press the sharp tip into the middle of the plug, ensure penetration, (corkscrew is about 90 degrees from the vertical to achieve this; turn a further quarter turn to ensure a "hook" effect and firm attachment, move the corkscrew to the vertical and lightly pull.

Time: 10 secs for the first one, 5 secs thereafter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts