First System

jovend

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello!..a newbie here and this will be my first post.Hope you guys can spare me a bit of your time.

Ever since i came across several past issues of this mag in one of the libraries here in Singapore last month, not a single day have i not checked in to this site and see what's going on in the world of so called hi fi.And as days go by, the itch to build my own system has been growing stronger ...lol. Anyway cutting the drama short, I've been asking around several dealers here what sort of equipments i could get from a 600~ 700 GBP ( @current exchange rate ) and this is what i got :

1. MarantzCD6003 + Audiolab8000SE + Wharefedale 9.1/10.1

2. Audiolab8000CDE + MarantzPM6003 + Wharefedale 9.1/10.1

or i could go the DAC route with my PC as source

3. TC7250 + PM6003 + Monitor Audio BX2

From you're expert opinion which set up would give the best value for money and best path for future upgrades. I basically listen to any types of music , i.e from U2, Buble, Bon Jovi, Alicia keys, Kanye etc....

Of course, I intend to demo but hopefully i could get opinions to people who have been on this position before, have much experience and knowledge...will appreciate it very much guys. Thanks!

btw..another speaker option. a 751 Mission for 120 GBP.

A

Anonymous

Get some audition at adelphi?

I've bought monitor audio br1 (few yers ago @ adelphi level 1), and bw 685 (recently) there.

Then consult the uncle there to see what can u get.

why not getting marantz 6003 amp and cd player as a set?

Regards,

Alvin.

A

Anonymous

I'm afraid that I haven't heard the systems that you mention. However, three important points -

1) Audition with music that you like and trust your ears. No-one hears music in quite the same way that you do, so other people's advice is just advice Don't buy if you aren't sure.

2) Buy decent interconnects and speaker cables - make sure that you budget for them.

3) Enjoy the process - you are doing this to hear more from your favourite music - so it should be fun, not serious

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what prices are like with you. But in UK you could get the Marantz CD6003 & PM6003 with Monitor Audio BX2 for under 700 gbp
Or if that proves too costly some older BR2s might suffice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts