NJC Reference DAC experiences?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CheshirePete

Oct 12, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I totally understand where you're coming from; In a previous thread, I explained why I sold my Denafrips Ares II, as there was very little subjective difference between it, and the Node DAC, so I couldn't justify it being there.

I've only listened to a few tracks so far with the NJC DAC, but the difference is not insignificant. Greater separation, a purer tonal clarity across the board, and the sound stage has a little more depth and width. I do need more time with it though.

I really don't see the point in blind testing in my situation; if it's subjectively better, then it is better. Not being a smarta***e, but I was a live sound engineer for many years, and had a small hobby studio. This has been a hindrance as its hard to switch off that part of my mind and just listen to the music, and not the "sound" if you know what I mean.

I'm accepting of the concept of expectation bias, but if you read my post re: the Ares II, I'm more than capable of being ruthlessly objective.

Hope this helps

If it brings you closer to hifi nirvana all power to you, hope it works out for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts