First system plan help request ($1200 - $1500)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Coauctor

Jan 1, 2021
coauctor.com
Hello again, everyone! Started to assemble my system in steps, thank you for all your help. :)
Another sanity check would help too since testing gear is limited.

I want to listen to music right away, so figured out the following sequence, in order of purchase:
  1. Streamer — Bluesound Node 2i — bought it, and it delivers right away with my old wired Sennheiser HD439 / Airpods
  2. Headphones — would love to have a wired / wireless option, gotta ask in the headphones section, thinking whether Sennheiser Momentum 3 is a good one
  3. Headamp + preamp + phono stage — looks like Schiit Lyr 3 will be a good start
  4. Power amp — Schiit Aegir, I just like it for some reason
  5. Speakers — Triangle BR02 for proggy stuff
  6. Turntable + Cartridge for listening — Technics SL-1210 MK7 and Nagaoka MP110
  7. Cartridge for scratching — Audio Technica VM95ML
Does this setup make sense? What am I missing here? (thinking about adding Schiit Sys as a switcher)
Cheers!

hifi test - System setup draft (1).jpg

rainsoothe

Hello again, everyone! Started to assemble my system in steps, thank you for all your help. :)
Another sanity check would help too since testing gear is limited.

I want to listen to music right away, so figured out the following sequence, in order of purchase:
  1. Streamer — Bluesound Node 2i — bought it, and it delivers right away with my old wired Sennheiser HD439 / Airpods
  2. Headphones — would love to have a wired / wireless option, gotta ask in the headphones section, thinking whether Sennheiser Momentum 3 is a good one
  3. Headamp + preamp + phono stage — looks like Schiit Lyr 3 will be a good start
  4. Power amp — Schiit Aegir, I just like it for some reason
  5. Speakers — Triangle BR02 for proggy stuff
  6. Turntable + Cartridge for listening — Technics SL-1210 MK7 and Nagaoka MP110
  7. Cartridge for scratching — Audio Technica VM95ML
Does this setup make sense? What am I missing here? (thinking about adding Schiit Sys as a switcher)
Cheers!

View attachment 2059
You need to make sure the Node can also transmit via bluetooth (not only recieve), in order for it to work with the Sennheisers.

Also, I'm not sure the Audio Technica is designed with scratching in mind. You should read up in some DJ-ing forums, about scratching needles (because you can DJ without scratching).

Coauctor

Jan 1, 2021
coauctor.com
You need to make sure the Node can also transmit via bluetooth (not only recieve), in order for it to work with the Sennheisers.

Also, I'm not sure the Audio Technica is designed with scratching in mind. You should read up in some DJ-ing forums, about scratching needles (because you can DJ without scratching).

Oh, got you, thanks. Checked the official site, looks like Bluesound Node 2i can both transmit and receive via bluetooth. Pairing it up with Airpods should prove that.

Entirely new to cartridges, checking the forums!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts