Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey all

So looking to take my firsts steps into the home cinema cinema world. Now I am
looking to get the Onkyo 606 as the receiver but obviously need speakers
to use it
biggrin.gif

I know nothing about home cinema really and I only have a small budget left of
around £150-170 this month after buying the receiver but I want some thing of good quality
quality I can build up bit by bit rather than buying a budget speaker package and
then purchasing a whole package after that. I don't mind spending
another £100 or so a month or saving up for a few months and purchasing
the rest to complete the setup.

So what would you people recommend? I dont mind purchasing 2nd hand if
needs be.

Cheers

Dan

A

Anonymous

Forgot to add Ill be using it mostly for home movies, gaming and tv. Room dimensions are 5.92mx3.47m although as its a flat the living room is also shared with the kitchen so the viewing area is effectively 3mx3.47m.

A

Anonymous

This is probably the wrong place - but I'm selling some second hand mordaunt short speakers (5.1 setup, 902's, 903's and 905's and I believe a mission subwoofer [I'll include this for free if you buy the whole lot - think it's a MSW10, very old]). I'm looking for somewhere in the region of £350. I've got them hooked upto an onkyo 875 now. Let me know if you're interested (what hifi gave the front speakers 5 stars, so it would be a good choice for the cash).

It's an MSW20 by the look of things (mordaunt short again). Everythings in black by the way.

A

Anonymous

Oz.:

Hey all

So looking to take my firsts steps into the home cinema cinema world. Now I am looking to get the Onkyo 606 as the receiver but obviously need speakers to use it
biggrin.gif

I know nothing about home cinema really and I only have a small budget left of around £150-170 this month after buying the receiver but I want some thing of good quality quality I can build up bit by bit rather than buying a budget speaker package and then purchasing a whole package after that. I don't mind spending another £100 or so a month or saving up for a few months and purchasing the rest to complete the setup.

So what would you people recommend? I dont mind purchasing 2nd hand if needs be.

Cheers

Dan

As you don't mind buying second hand you can get a bargain going that route , but a 5.1 package for £170 would be optimistic

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well the Onkyo 606 is the older model, replaced by the 607 which is currently £299 at the moment from Richer sounds. As for speakers i would look at the Q Acoustic 1010i from Richer sounds if you can find them only in cherry but £39.99 a pair get 2 pairs and a centre add a sub later.Don't forget speaker stands, wallbrackets and all the cabling. Other options would be the Jamo package at £250 and a cheaper amp I would definetly ring your nearest RS and go for 607 and Q Acoustics if they have them if not you could always save until you get to £350 and buy the complete package or if you can fit in floorstanders the 1030i would be great to start with and then add the rest of the 1010i package either rears, centre and sub or the full package for a 7.1. Do you have a PS3 console, if not the Sony 360 blu-ray player for around £100-120 will complete a good setup.

A

Anonymous

Lobby> I was actually thinking of getting the 1030i's to start with and then i could bi-amp then, and purchase the rest of the package the month after.

Lesmor > Im not looking to buy a whole 5.1 package outright, more purchase bits every month to build my setup up over a few months?

TRENDING THREADS