First Home cinema purchases

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My girlfriend and I are looking to purchase a new Surround amp and speaker package, at the moment we are just looking at speakers from Mordaunt short the 308i premiere package, there around £300, or the Mission M33i m30i M30cs combination, which is around £380. Anyone own these packages? If so which one is better, these will be used soley for movies... Any info on different speaker packages for around £300 that you guys know about that are good?

Cheers L&J

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, firstly what size is your room? I have the Mision M33is with the matching centre and Mission d77s rears in conjunction with my Onkyo receiver. If you have a big enough space, eg, at least 5x4m then the Missions are great. Any smaller and you'll be overwhelmed and the Kef package would be a good bet.

A

Anonymous

I have the mission m33i fronts and the m32ci centre m30 rears but I have added some monitor audio br1's as rears in a 7.1 setup.

I have to say the missions sound superb clear and detailed for the money. My room is 20' x 10' and they fill the room just fine. I have never demoed the kef's so I cant comment on any quality differences but I do prefer the sound of the bigger box speakers.

As mentioned above dont forget to add in cable, Banana plugs (if you want them) optical hdmi cables etc. I personally rune some £10 a meter cable to the front and centres for quality and as the rears are mostly ambience and because I needed 50mtrs I only spent £1.50 a meter on the rears and it sounds just fine.

The Mission package sounds just fine and bassy as it is but you will might need to add a sub depending on your room size as there isnt one in with the package I personally use i wharfedale sw150 £150 but i have heard that the bk gemini's are very good too oh and dont forget the sub cable

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replys guys, we have all the cables already. Going to demo the Kefs and the Q- Accoustics 1010i's which my gf likes and there only £300, Any advice on some budget DD5.1 amps? I've not read up about them for ages....

A

Anonymous

I recommend the dh800 as its what I use but it is a bright sounding amp and I demod the q acoustics set and found them bright too so i dont think they would pair well with the sony but try to demo if you can as we all hear differently.

A

Anonymous

didnt get chance to demo the speakers n amp today but we booked it for tuesday next week, Wanted to test the sony800 but richersounds never had it in stock, so i went for the Onkyo 308 - what you guys reckon on that? WHFSV gave it 4/5 stars, so it cant be that bad, pretty set on the Kef's as the 1010i's look too oldskool... but its all about the sound, also blu-ray players... the sony BDPS370?, or is the LGBD390 worth the extra £50???

TIA

PS the room is around 4.7m x 4.3m (15ft x14ft) - Reckon the Kef's can fill this space?

dirtydean

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
foxorroxors:
didnt get chance to demo the speakers n amp today but we booked it for tuesday next week, Wanted to test the sony800 but richersounds never had it in stock, so i went for the Onkyo 308 - what you guys reckon on that? WHFSV gave it 4/5 stars, so it cant be that bad, pretty set on the Kef's as the 1010i's look too oldskool... but its all about the sound, also blu-ray players... the sony BDPS370?, or is the LGBD390 worth the extra £50???

TIA

PS the room is around 4.7m x 4.3m (15ft x14ft) - Reckon the Kef's can fill this space?

My room is a bit bigger and sound well in there, I went to comet to listen to the kefs before I bought them. There testing room was about that size. Have a tip down to comet and see if they still have them, it has to be one of the big comets though .
Dean
Sorry can not help with the blu ray player

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I highly recomend the £300 Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package. I've just bought them myself last week and they sound absolutely fantastic! They look and sound like they should cost £600 not £300!

Don't forget that these speakers will sound best if you use with them with stands. Expect to pay about £100 for a set of 4 decent speaker stands - money well spent in my opinion.

www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/q-acoustics/1010i-5.1/qaco-1010i-5.1-pack www.whathifi.com/Review/Q-Acoustics-1010i-51/

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi as for bluray I had a friend who d‚mod‚ me the LGBD390 and panny BD85 and the pic on lg was fab! Also YouTube, 1gb storage and wireless. I have it set up via anolouge outs and it blows me away. Go for the LG at RS £169 at mo!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts