Home cinema/Stereo equipment combo questions

dans2394

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

So this is the situation,

Room size... 8x15ft

I have a 2019 LG C9 55" TV wall mounted... external sources include, SKY Q 1TB box, Netflix & Amazon Prime Video...
I have a Rega Planar 1 Plus Turntable (Phono out only)

The TV is mounted about 7.5 ft away opposite the Sofa.

I plan on having a 3.1 system, Front left & right, centre and sub.

My idea is when using the receiver for stereo only the left & right + sub will be used.

When watching TV/Movies etc.. all speakers will be used as a "home cinema" if you like...

This is the equipment I am looking at purchasing..

Marantz NR1711 AV Receiver
Dali Oberon 5's as L/R speakers
Dali Oberon Vokal as centre
Dali E-12F as Sub

Any criticism of this setup? I have never done this before, have always just had a Sonos sound bar but im hoping this setup will be an improvement!

I just want to make sure these components are all of a similar standard, to ensure I am making the most of all of them and getting the best from my TV at the same time. Anyone spot a major weak link or a components which seems overkill for this setup?

Any advice welcome. Thanks,

Dan

dans2394

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
I doubt that you'll need a sub in a room that small, given that you are 7.5 feet from the TV and with floorstanding speakers. You can always add one late if you so wish.

Thanks for your reply, yes thats a fair comment, perhaps I will go with the three speakers to start, I have just heard it is good to have a sub on the system something to do with the power distribution from the Receiver... I might be talking rubbish there tho... like I say just here for guidance on best thing to do as I want to buy once and be happy for a number of years. :)

Any other comments on the equipment?

Tonestar1

Unless you have plans to go to 5 channels at any point I would consider the following as an option as you are spending a lot of money on features you will never get any benefit from with that amp.
Arcam SR250 2.1 stereo receiver and move up the chain in the Dali range with the Opticon 5 and forget the centre channel.
I think the step up in quality whilst still remaining within your overall budget will outweigh the benefit of a centre channel. The stereo performance will be streets ahead and I honestly don't think you will miss the centre channel that much. The arcam also has a sub out should you decide to add one at a later date, though I'm in agreement with jj that it could prove overkill in a room of that size. Not sure what your options are around demoing but would defo try if you can.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts