Finished changing my HiFi - For this year :-).

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Well for this year at least, I now have audio simultaneously in all 4 rooms downstairs Courtesy of iTunes, Apple TV and Airport Express. Next step I'm Thinking about Going for a separate Stereo setup, but that will be next year now need to demo some contenders first see if I can get much improvement over the AV for music without breaking the bank.

The front Room -

hifi3.jpg
B&W 805s, ASW675, Panasonic 42" Plasma, There are 4 Solid Centrale's (B&W) for Surrounds around the Sofa.

p1090130q.jpg
In the cabinet from Top Down SkyHD, Sony BD Player, Apple TV , CD6000ki, SR6003 and 2 MA6100 MonoBlocks, The ATV Has Both HDMI and Optical out to the AV Amp I have 2 setups Pure Direct is used for Music the CD player has not been switched on for 3 months

I Have added a turntable since the top pic
granitechoppingblock.jpg

The Dining Room -

p1090120.jpg
B&W603 S2, Airport Express analogue out to Denon UD-M3, Intend Replacing The Denon it is just a temp measure although it is working surprisingly well, want to decide exactly what I am doing in the front Room First.

Computer Room - yes it is a mess we just decorated and the junk from the other rooms seems to have moved here

p1090114t.jpg

PC Feeds the SR5300 Driving the B&W LM1's and a pair of Solid Monitors in the Kitchen -

p1090117.jpg

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
ear:the sr5300 on its side and no venting on top...

The Whole Top (Now the Side) is vented. It does not really have to work very hard driving 4 speakers, so hardly even gets warm.

A

Anonymous

Brilliant, pwiles, I can see how that suite of systems gives you a lot of pleasure. Enjoy. [:)]

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:Brilliant, pwiles, I can see how that suite of systems gives you a lot of pleasure. Enjoy. [:)]

Thank You, Yes I do enjoy the system(s), even more so now I have gone to streaming, we nearly allays have music on in the house, I am lucky that a love of music seems to have rubbed off on the Kids, The Guitars and Sax belong to my Son and Daughter, I unfortunately can not play for squat.
audioaffair:I must say the red Pro-Ject Genie looks quite stunning on that plinth! That Plinth is a Wilco Granite Chopping Board cost a whopping £7.99 I think
emotion-5.gif
A friend gave me a set of sorbothane feet they sit under the 'Plinth' now, I also made my own turntable mat from non slip mat and have added a clip on LED lamp so I can see if that main lights are on.
p1090133b.jpg
ttmat.jpg

A

Anonymous

Great pictures Paul. You can see that music plays a big part of life in your house. Who's that sitting next to you on the sofa?

Nick

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
nicholasc1585:
Great pictures Paul. You can see that music plays a big part of life in your house. Who's that sitting next to you on the sofa?

Nick

LOL That would be my very understanding better Half.

A

Anonymous

pwiles1968:nicholasc1585:

Nick

LOL That would be my very understanding better Half.

Nice one
emotion-21.gif
Keep enjoying the music
emotion-2.gif

Messiah

For each picture I have just copied the URL (such as - http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7792/hifi3.jpg )

Then when you post you just click on the tree icon and just paste the URL into the top box. Click insert and job done.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for that I was struggling with the new picture of the Evo 2? Not sure why I thought I had done what you described but possibly not,

need to start a new thread when I get everything in properly.

A

Anonymous

Weak link is the Pro-ject. The AR turntable is going for a song at the moment - try one, you'll be stunned at the difference.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Grottyash said:
Weak link is the Pro-ject. The AR turntable is going for a song at the moment - try one, you'll be stunned at the difference.

The TT is for casual use only. I converted to streaming a while back the Apple TV is my main source.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts