Finding theperfect amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there i am new to the forums so may i just take this opportunity to say hi !

Now i am not sure if i have posted this in the right place so forgive me if i haven't.

I currently have a set of 4 Monitor Audio Bronze BX2 speakers and there specification is as follows?

Sensitivity (db/w/m) 90
Finishes 4
Dimensions (hwd, cm) 35x19x26
Impedance (ohms) 8
Max power handling (watts) 100
Standmount Yes
Biwirable Yes

Now i need to get an amplifier that is perfectly matched at running all 4 of these with ease and has no risk of damaging them. I have about $400 to spend on one (about £200).

Also what are the advantages of bi-wire and is it possible/worth it to get an amp capable of this with my bidget.

Cheers
Sam

matthewpiano

Putting aside the question of why you would want to run all 4 at the same time for a moment, my advice would be to seek out a second hand Yamaha or Sony AV amp. Something like the STR-DA1200ES, for example, would do the job very well indeed.

A

Anonymous

thanks for tehreply, the reason i need4 is because its fora bar andI need 4 speakers.

As for the ampi would prefer not to use an AV amp as i would just be paying forvisual capability that i cant use.

An the reason iposted for to get a definate answer not general brand names.

Any other ideas?

A

Anonymous

ok brilliant, thanks for that so they could run 4 of teh speakers at high volumes easity without distortion?

matthewpiano

As much as anything at that sort of price, though do bear in mind that most hi-fi amps are using most of their clean power by the 12 o'clock position. It really depends on exactly how high you want to push things. If you want club levels you have the wrong speakers because they just aren't built for that sort of thing.

A

Anonymous

Ok well the reviews of them are fantastic and its not a very large room but due to its design we need 4 speakers. What ones would you suggest otherwise?

And i know they are 100W but the amp is 85W that you suggested?

Cheers for the reply

matthewpiano

I'm not saying they aren't good - they are fantastic speakers. However they are hi-fi speakers and running things at club or PA levels is a completely different thing. Same applies to the amps - they will run at a good volume within reason but they are hi-fi amps first and foremost. I'd be talking to a good pro audio store personally but, as I say, it all depends how far you want to push them.

T

the record spot

Hmmm, how big is the bar space? Aiming to have a lot of background chatter? You might want to check that those amps will have sufficient in them to run at higher volumes for extended periods. Just a thought.

matthewpiano

the record spot said:
Hmmm, how big is the bar space? Aiming to have a lot of background chatter? You might want to check that those amps will have sufficient in them to run at higher volumes for extended periods. Just a thought.

Personally RS I wouldn't put domestic audio gear of any kind into that setting, including the MAs. Active JBLs or at least some proper pro passives with suitable amps are where I would go but that is going to cost.

T

the record spot

matthewpiano said:
the record spot said:

Personally RS I wouldn't put domestic audio gear of any kind into that setting, including the MAs. Active JBLs or at least some proper pro passives with suitable amps are where I would go but that is going to cost.

Likewise MP, safer bet. If it's just for background listening then might be fine, but if it needs some clout...

A

Anonymous

ok its all well and good saying i need to buy better kit, i knew that. but the problem is still i only have about £500. What setup would you suggest because it will be running at high volume for extended periods of time.

Cheers

Sam

A

Anonymous

ok its all well and good saying i need to buy better kit, i knew that. but the problem is still i only have about £500. What setup would you suggest because it will be running at high volume for extended periods of time.

Cheers

Sam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts