Final word on cables? Doubtful

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

TrevC

Al ears said:
drummerman said:
Rather than arguing (that different cables can have audible differences) I now firmly believe that folks that can't hear a difference either ...

... have under developed musical hearing, in other words are cloth eared and thus completely wasting their time on here or ...

... have systems that are simply not revealing enough and thus perhaps completely wasting their time on here unless genuinly wanting to upgrade ...

... or, even worse, both.

There you go. Nice afternoon :)

Well said Sir, it makes more sense than TrevorC. :)

Get a room. :O)

TrevC said:
Al ears said:
drummerman said:
Rather than arguing (that different cables can have audible differences) I now firmly believe that folks that can't hear a difference either ...

... have under developed musical hearing, in other words are cloth eared and thus completely wasting their time on here or ...

... have systems that are simply not revealing enough and thus perhaps completely wasting their time on here unless genuinly wanting to upgrade ...

... or, even worse, both.

There you go. Nice afternoon :)

Well said Sir, it makes more sense than TrevorC. :)

Get a room. :O)

I have more than enough at the moment bud.

TrevC

David@FrankHarvey said:
TrevC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
A little contradictory too. An HDMI cable either "works or it doesn't", which I suppose is technically true. Oh wait, you can get sparklies, which is apparently on the verge of not working...

No, that would be not working. :O)
But you can still see a picture, so it is working :)

It's called not working properly.

I have an aerial cable where the inner connection is broken. I would say it's not working.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
TrevC said:
Gazzip said:
.true copper speaker wire will give you the same sound quality as any exotic formulation....". Ermmm... wrong.

Erm, correct. If the resistance is the same, the performance will be the same.

I don't disagree but they didn't say that.

So you agree and disagree at the same time.

I think so. I don't know anymore...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
TrevC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
TrevC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
A little contradictory too. An HDMI cable either "works or it doesn't", which I suppose is technically true. Oh wait, you can get sparklies, which is apparently on the verge of not working...

I have an aerial cable where the inner connection is broken. I would say it's not working.
It's not an HDMI cable then is it!

TrevC

David@FrankHarvey said:
TrevC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
TrevC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

It's not an HDMI cable then is it!

Still gave a picture, albeit intermittently.

K

keeper of the quays

abacus said:
Hi Fi Cable manufactures do not make cable, (This is done in large manufacturing plants and stored on spools which get sent out to the customer) they just buy a spool of cable and some connectors, them make then into lengths. (Chop one of these expensive cables apart then show the internals to your local electrical wholesaler, who will then supply you with a spool of identical cable for a fraction of the price)

Why are Hi Fi Nuts so gullible?

Bill
I think the reason why hifi nuts are so gullible is that they are unlucky in love and realise at some point that true love is a speaker or a amp and by spending money on high-fidelity equipment this love is reciprocated..and say having a flirtation with this cable or that dac! Is merely flirtatious and only adds to this bourgeoning love..this is my theory..hope it helps..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
abacus said:
Hi Fi Cable manufactures do not make cable, (This is done in large manufacturing plants and stored on spools which get sent out to the customer) they just buy a spool of cable and some connectors, them make then into lengths. (Chop one of these expensive cables apart then show the internals to your local electrical wholesaler, who will then supply you with a spool of identical cable for a fraction of the price)

Why are Hi Fi Nuts so gullible?

Bill

Leaving aside the gullibility of Hi Fi Nuts, this is not entirely true....as is the case with a lot of overly generalised, black and white statements on here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts