Fibre optic just installed

camcroft

Hi.I have just had fibre optic installed .I am having a problem getting my Sky wireless connector to link up to my new router which is a Brightbox from EE.I am trying to connect it so that I can have on demand on sky.Everything works perfectly Ipad picks up all over the house its just the Sky wireless connector.Can anyone advise me what to do.Thanks :help:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sky suggests two things to try:

First...

Go to your 192.168.0.1[/b] or the IP address listed in your routers manual.

(Again, this is http://192.168.1.1 for the Brightbox)

2. Select the ADSL Settings Section.

3. Change Multiplexing Method to "LLC-BASED"

4. Select apply.

Your On Demand connection should now work effectively. You should not require to restart the router.

It then says

Should you continue to experience issues after following the steps above, please contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

camcroft

Hi.Andrew.I cannot thank you enough.I got in touch with EE and they said all the settings were correct and then I scrolled down the page of what you had wrote and followed the wps bit changed the settings and bobs your uncle.Cheers mate :cheers:

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
camcroft said:
Hi.Andrew.I cannot thank you enough.I got in touch with EE and they said all the settings were correct and then I scrolled down the page of what you had wrote and followed the wps bit changed the settings and bobs your uncle.Cheers mate :cheers:

No probs, happy to help – it's what we're here for.

And FWIW I do have an uncle called Bob – well, he's actually called George, but then so was his father, so my grandmother always called him Bob so it was clear which of the two of them she was shouting at ;-)

VL71

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Andrew, you are an absolute genius! I have spent all afternoon trying to get this problem sorted, neither EE nor Sky could get it sorted, each one blaming the other for the problem. I've spent hours searching Sky forums and EE forums but to no avail. EE even changed the settings on my router but nada. I followed your instructions and it's worked!! Thanks so much. :)

spateman2

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi ive just tried all the steps and still nothing, and sky blame ee and ee blame sky but im stuck in middle with this problem any more advice?

lotty2390

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi I had BT broadband and a week ago I changed it to fiber optic broadband still with BT. Last night I put on my sky on demand and it would not work. I phoned sky and they done all the checks turn sky of at the wall, sky box software update I also tried a new Ethernet cable from my bt router to the sky box and still nothing. I went to settings on my sky box and went to network it says connection to broadband router Fail, connection to on demand Fail, IP address of this sky box 0.0.0.0 and DHCP is on, I have pressed the red button to reset and still nothing changes.

Please can you suggest anything else, much appreciated Charlotte

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts