Spotify connect to my hifi via Android

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
OK so I have just bought a Samsung Galaxy tab S android tablet which is wonderful and works a treat streaming Spotify to my Marantz MC-R510 via the Marantz app (clunky yes but still useable). However I have found there's no way to get my Spotify listening experience wirelessly to my main system which is a traditional 2 channel amp and speaker set up. I bought a veetop receiver which is fine for streaming NAS files from my tab but no good for Spotify. I naively thought Spotify for android would have streamed to my veetop via connect but it flipping doesn't galling as my daughters Spotify on her ipad picks up the veetop perfectly. I've tried a few apps that don't do anything. Is the only option buying an expensive Streaming network player?? Help pleeease

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The most obvious Spotify Connect offering (Amazon Fire TV) is limited to an optical output, so if your main system doesn't have a DAC, you'd need to add one which starts bumping the cost up a bit.

There are a growing number of hifi components that include Spotify Connect (such as Cambridge's CXN, the soon-to-be released Marantz MCR-511, Marantz NA6005, Naim's latest streamers et al).

Alternatively, you could use a Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node and use their analogue RCA outputs straight into your amp.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Leeps said:
The most obvious Spotify Connect offering (Amazon Fire TV) is limited to an optical output, so if your main system doesn't have a DAC, you'd need to add one which starts bumping the cost up a bit.

There are a growing number of hifi components that include Spotify Connect (such as Cambridge's CXN, the soon-to-be released Marantz MCR-511, Marantz NA6005, Naim's latest streamers et al).

Alternatively, you could use a Sonos Connect or Bluesound Node and use their analogue RCA outputs straight into your amp.

So it seems the only alternative is an expensive streamer/player. Ridiculous that there are so many options via Apple kit and nada via Android which in my opinion is a far better OS..

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andersοn said:
chebby said:
Just plug in an Arcam miniBlink or Arcam rBlink to your A85 amp in your main system.

Bingo!

Good quality aPTX Bluetooth.

(Or have I missed something?)

Plenty of other small Bluetooth DACs are available.

I'm not saying this as certain but I googled about Spotify and Bluetooth and apparently it's not supported, IDK though maybe there's a workaround?

I have just tested it on my iPhone. Spotify plays on my old Sony SRS-X2 Bluetooth speaker...

Here is Spotify and at the bottom of the screen there is a Bluetooth speaker ...

19274388258_fd23dc2265_z.jpg

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course i understand how the ipad connects to Spotify.....My gripe is that Android and Spotify haven't got a similar interface especially given Android's worldwide popularity. I'm keeping the tab and will probably invest in a Marantz NA6005 which I can put between my Arcam amp and the Galaxy and control using the Marantz app. Expensive solution though.

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Chebby's right about the two Arcam products. As my Supernait already has a decent dac I bought an rBlink, and it works a treat streaming Spotify from my Samsung Note 8 tablet. Another advantage is that the Samsung supports Bluetooth APT-X (unlike Apple) to give you improved streaming quality.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Naxos said:
Chebby's right about the two Arcam products. As my Supernait already has a decent dac I bought an rBlink, and it works a treat streaming Spotify from my Samsung Note 8 tablet. Another advantage is that the Samsung supports Bluetooth APT-X (unlike Apple) to give you improved streaming quality.

So, am I right in saying the Arcam rblink (and miniblink?) will pick up Spotify transmitted from my Android tab?? Hope so.......

EnjoyingTheMusic

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Another option for those exploring this topic is via new Chromecast Audio device I received last week and have working. This casts Spotify via Wi-Fi to any audio device with a line in. It uses Wi-Fi so no drop in audio quality and works well. For the price it's an easy, quick and decent quality solution.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts