Favourite Genre

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
iQ Speakers said:
Alt Modern Folk, Americana, Indie Folk @Big H just discovered Eilen Jewell over the last couple of weeks, loving "Live at the Narrows" at the moment.

Amy LaVere, Ruby The Rabbitfoot, Lily and Madeline and alot of superb music from Macspur's brilliant music blog.
This shows how diverse music can be. I literally have heard of nothing you list. I do know what "folk" is though!

Al ears said:
nopiano said:
I usually say "Classical" if asked, but of course that is a pretty broad church. I'm not mad on Bruckner, but enjoy most composers.

I have more piano solo and concerto recordings than any other. Violin next. Not very into opera, as I always think I will grow into it one day.

Have got quite a variety of rock and pop music too, but mostly from the pre-CD era.

It would appear, after a recent visit to maison de nopiano , that we have similar tastes although mine lean a bit more towards jazz and blues with just a hint of classical. Thanks again for the audition nopiano. ;-)
My pleasure, and it was good to meet a fellow enthusiast. And thanks for the loan of the CDs!

nopiano said:
Al ears said:
nopiano said:
I usually say "Classical" if asked, but of course that is a pretty broad church. I'm not mad on Bruckner, but enjoy most composers.

I have more piano solo and concerto recordings than any other. Violin next. Not very into opera, as I always think I will grow into it one day.

Have got quite a variety of rock and pop music too, but mostly from the pre-CD era.

It would appear, after a recent visit to maison de nopiano , that we have similar tastes although mine lean a bit more towards jazz and blues with just a hint of classical. Thanks again for the audition nopiano. ;-)
My pleasure, and it was good to meet a fellow enthusiast. And thanks for the loan of the CDs!

De nada!

If only I could bring my system out of the bedroom to your lounge..... However, that might have to involve Pickfords. :)

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
nopiano said:
iQ Speakers said:
Alt Modern Folk, Americana, Indie Folk @Big H just discovered Eilen Jewell over the last couple of weeks, loving "Live at the Narrows" at the moment.

Amy LaVere, Ruby The Rabbitfoot, Lily and Madeline and alot of superb music from Macspur's brilliant music blog.
This shows how diverse music can be. I literally have heard of nothing you list. I do know what "folk" is though!

Please feel free to visit the blog, there's quite a bit of Folk featured and lots of other acoustic music.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

Macspur said:
nopiano said:
iQ Speakers said:

Please feel free to visit the blog, there's quite a bit of Folk featured and lots of other acoustic music.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net
Thanks, Mac!

TRENDING THREADS