Favourite cover version?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Purely for humour value, I was sent a promo copy of an album of some famous heavy metal bands covering some of the Britney Spears catalogue.
Not sure if it ever got released but it goes down great at parties
emotion-19.gif

Something that was released if you can track it down is "The Lonely Island" by "Incredibad"

Guest artists include Norah Jones, Sly & Robbie, Jack Black, T-Pain, Chris Parnell and Natalie Portman.
Justin Timberlake singing "C*** In A Box" is worth the sticker price alone . . . .

Paul.

Ive heared mention of Whiskey in the jar, I love the Metalica version!

Tori Amos - Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)

And for a silly one, System of a downs cover of the Legend of Zelda theme

A

Anonymous

Suzi Quatro's version of Neil Youngs Rocking In The Free World is pretty cool Joe Bonamassa doing Led Zep's Tea For One is also pretty cool Norwegian Wood by Mahogany Rush Voodoo Chile by Frank Marino from Real Live is fantastic Like A Rolling Stone from Jimi Plays Monterey Tales Of Brave Ulysses by The Outskirts Of Infinity is far out man And there is an album by Elvis impersonator The King called Gravelands which everyone should check out if you would like to hear Elvis doing T.Rex, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC and others. His version of Tim Buckleys Song To The Siren is just great.

Excitable Boy

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My favourite cover is Everthing But The Girl's tremendous version of Paul Simon's "The Only Living Boy in New York." It's also beautifully produced and is the first track I play in any Cd based hifi demo.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Excitable Boy said:
My favourite cover is Everthing But The Girl's tremendous version of Paul Simon's "The Only Living Boy in New York." It's also beautifully produced and is the first track I play in any Cd based hifi demo.

smiley-smile.gif
Big thumbs up from me!

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Excitable Boy said:

smiley-smile.gif
Big thumbs up from me!

A

Anonymous

Don't know if it's mentioned already, but anyway:

Tori Amos - Lovesong (by The Cure)

A

Anonymous

Ghost town by The Prodigy Song to the Siren by This Mortal Coil Red Balloon by The Small Faces Loads more but I think these three manage to keep what what was good about the original but change it significantly so they're not like a pub covers band.

A

Anonymous

I love the Miriam Stockley version of Mercy Street, originally by Peter Gabriel. While I feel the musicians on the original were better performers, her voice is a wonderful match for the lyrics.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts