Faulty Panasonic DMP-UB700 ??

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have another post regarding settings,tried to delete ,but was unable...

Yesterday I bought the Panasonic DMP-UB700 4K player.

I returned the machine 7 hours later ,faulty ?,maybe.What are you thoughts ?

The main issue I had ,was the image was 4K,but it lacked the HDR effect. The settings for the image ,were correct,and my TV is HDR .Other sources ,Netflix 4K,Youtube all produce an HDR image (looks like a live broadcast ).But not from the Panasonic .I viewed Ghost Busters ,which came with the player ,looked like 1080p.The Martian ,looked great,but no HDR image .

The cables are all 4K HDR rated (Richer Sounds bought)

The second issue,the reason behind the return,was when the disc was paused ,the machine would lock-up,with the scrolling Please Wait messgae.I could not switch the player off,or eject the disc. I either had to pull the power plug out,or wait 5-10 minutes ,for the machine to switch its self off.The Firmware was updated .

Your comments and thoughts ,are appreciated

Thank you

abacus

Sounds like the firmware update did not complete correctly, (Hence all the problems) also if you did it via a USB stick the download file might have been corrupted, or there was a problem with the USB stick.

There is usually some form of reset available, (Did you fully check the manual) which would have probably solved the problem.

As you have not mentioned any problems with the replacement, (I presume it was just replaced) this would seem to indicate the above.

Bill

near dark

May 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The update was done via WiFi,and it seemed to go without any issues .

I was going to action a factory reset,but after nearly 6 hours,I decided to return.They offered an exchange,but refused .Am currently looking at the SONY 800

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts