fastest interconnect around 190quid

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

Just upgrade my speaker to dyn contour 1.3 mk2I should have heed someone mention they are a laid back speaker, although its quite punchy with my amp. Only now i know what i want which is fast and punchy. With a fake audioquest panther(no dbs) it glaring in the lower treble.

So what is the fastest non bright interconnect under 190 quid, the cable co recommend me dhlabs revelation. actually i got lend from local shop a 2nd hand magnan type Vi, it adds punch, and a bit faster, a bit bright but overall i still missed my faster old setup vienna haydn. the old magnan is 620 usd new. do you think any sub 190 gbp interconnect can surpass it?

other option in my mind is upgrading my integrated to exposure 3010s or kandy k2, or change may anti cable speaker cable to a faster one?
do I have to change my speaker? it 's the last thing i wanna do
thanks i really apreciate any advice.

A

Anonymous

Try one of these Silver High Breed cables for a grand total of £20 GBP plus delivery. I have a couple of the Coherence LE cables and am very pleasantly surprised, so much so they may even replace my Chord Chameleon Silver Plus cables. Maybe.

SHB cables are detailed, have a deep punchy bass but perhaps slightly leaner than the Chord Chameleon. Such balance will suit if you want to trim the fat off the bass you get. I'm finding the bass to be more controlled. The Nordost Blue Heaven did this too but was much harsher to my ears.

A

Anonymous

ah, thanks foor the help igglebert. I will ask for a 30 day satis. warranty. it is limited edition, i hope they are still available.
thanks again

A

Anonymous

You're welcome. If you get one let us know how you get on with it.

A

Anonymous

yes, of course i will share. i had just contact them, they are sold out currently.

I am curious, is there anyone here ever compare magnan type vi to whf's russ andrews crystal cu? which one is faster? i hope clare or andrew or anyone from whf can enlighten me.

thanks

A

Anonymous

damn, their 10 day satisfaction guarantee is for uk mainland only. So i can only compare the magnan with dhlab reve;ation thru indonesian dhlabs local dealer.

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Fastest sounding interconnect would be anything form Nordost.

You could get a Blue Heaven I.C for about £100, or upgrade to Red Dawn.

If you go to the reviews section of this site, Nordost Blue Heaven is reviewed there.

I've owned Dynaudio speakers with nordost cables and I wouldnt have said they were laid back.

A

Anonymous

sometimesuk thanks for the reply, I also read some reviewed here, there are qed signature audio 5 which doesn't match my already glaring treble (lower treble) I am afraid for blue haven's a bit brightness. Recently i become less tolerant to my brightness. I am curious of russ andrews' crystal cu. do they sound brite along with their revealing character?
If sthomas048 read this, i'll apreciate your help , or anyone?

@sometimesuk: do red dawn tend to be brite like blue haven or baldur? my budget is around 350 usd

tq all

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
I've recently upgraded from Blue Heaven to Red Dawn, and I think the Red Dawns would be more to your liking compared to the Blue Heavens. I have never heard Baldur, so I cant comment, although I would assume its more of the same.

Compared to Blue Heaven, Red Dawn is less rough around the edges and has a more fuller sound. The top end, is also more refined, losting some of the top end "bite" / sharpness but none of the details.

There is only one way to find out and that is to try it yourself. Are there any dealers in your area, that stock cables for you to try?

Either that, or try and get a bargin and sell it on again if you dont like it.

Having said that, you might want to try Black Rhodium, I know that they are well thought of by my dealer, though I'm not sure if I would describe them as fast sounding. They bring a fullness to the sound similar to chord I think.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Don Guess:What the heck is a "fast" interconnect cable? I'm puzzled...

Oh man, what a neophyte...normally electricity will move at 66% the speed of light, but that's just for "normal" interconnects. "Fast" interconnects will suspend that annoying law of physics making everything relative. Duh, ever heard of Einstein? The great thing about "Fast" interconnect is they allow you to enjoy your music before it even begins playing. For instance, I just decided to listen to some Diana Krall 5 minutes ago. It's a real time save...

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

Oh man, what a neophyte...normally electricity will move at 66% the speed of light, but that's just for "normal" interconnects. "Fast" interconnects will suspend that annoying law of physics making everything relative. Duh, ever heard of Einstein? The great thing about "Fast" interconnect is they allow you to enjoy your music before it even begins playing. For instance, I just decided to listen to some Diana Krall 5 minutes ago. It's a real time save...

I still dont see the point. Unless the whole system is using 'Fast' cable there is going to be a bottleneck somewhere. Isn't there...
emotion-7.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
raym87:jaxwired:

I still dont see the point. Unless the whole system is using 'Fast' cable there is going to be a bottleneck somewhere. Isn't there...
emotion-7.gif

Yes, A amp with stripes is a pre-requisite
emotion-2.gif

jc.com

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
kena:raym87:jaxwired:

emotion-7.gif

Yes, A amp with stripes is a pre-requisite
emotion-2.gif

Go-faster stripes?

A

Anonymous

@sometimesuk :having read your comment i think i might demo a red dawn, reviews on web are good too. i might try to demo it from local with refund agreement. along with dhlabs revelation.
I also heard form russ andrews they had 60 day to refund for me on their crystal cu. thats when i am not satisfied by local shop. i dont think i can find a shop selling black rhodium here.almost unheard in this interconnect jungle.
thanks for the advice.

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts