Fantasy Football 2012/2013 Season Sign Up

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Changes made, risk taken, I'm after you Bertie!
wink.gif

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok BBB.

My bolt is also shot but my team is ok on the face of it and most of them have games in hand so will be scoring mid week (if they stay fit/selected etc).

Let's hope that ace of yours doesn't turn out to be a joker.

If I can remember I might go 'public' and reveal them on the last weekend,(my team that is!) so good luck and lets see what you've got!

:grin:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Bertie1 said:
Ok BBB.

My bolt is also shot but my team is ok on the face of it and most of them have games in hand so will be scoring mid week (if they stay fit/selected etc).

Let's hope that ace of yours doesn't turn out to be a joker.

If I can remember I might go 'public' and reveal them on the last weekend,(my team that is!) so good luck and lets see what you've got!

:grin:

I'm thinking about showing mine to everyone too, let's agree to do it on the morning of the last game of the season (if I remember).

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Well Bertie, your lead is down to 39 points, but it's highly unlikely I can catch you now. I'm considering one more transfer, as one of my players is injured.

I'm going to reveal my team on Sunday morning.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I know Bertie, you're getting a bit nervous, but I have a cunning plan, a very cunning plan.
wink.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Nearly.
grin.gif

It didn't quite work as I'd hoped, but your lead is down to 27 points now Bertie, and you never know what might happen on the last day.
wink.gif

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Indeed,it could all turn round but it's a long shot.

I thought you might load up with AFC players.

I knew you had one ore two already but if you had four of the right ones you could have been in the box seats. :cry:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I did go for Arsenal players, but it turned out I went for the wrong ones.
cry.gif

And how did you know I had any in my team?

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I've got a pretty good brain and I notice and remember things.

There's a lot of useless rubbish rattling around in my head.

Great for a pub quiz if that's of any use.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

It was only one Arsenal player I had, and he was quite a recent transfer.

My team now compared to what he started with is very different.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Theo was in, then out, then in again.

Theo Walcott does the hokey cokey.
smile.png

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm going public with my team tomorrow morning Bertie, though it's very different to what I started with, and has changed significantly in the last few weeks too.

Will you be exposing yourself to everyone too?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Congratulations Bertie, though it's not official yet, it looks like you're the winner of the WHF league, and you win, absolutely nothing.
grin.gif

It's been good fun, shame most of the others lost interest, but hey, you're a worthy champion.

Let's wait and see what the final scores are, then we'll crown you officially. King Bertie!

Bertie1

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks BBB.

Thought I could be in a bit of trouble a few weeks ago and you certainly pushed me in the last month having no transfers left.

Despite my being a fair way ahead you had a bit of a surge of late so well done.

Nearly....but not quite. :cheers:

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Yes, it's official, you are King Bertie, top of the pile, football manager extroadinaire, and I am but a peasant, who lurks humbly in your shadow.

Well done Bertie, here's to another close competition next year.
cheers.gif

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I appreciate this has been said before but I think us forum posters / whf readers would generate more interest in fantasy football if we started an official Premier League (was Barclays, not sure who it will be next season yet) - league next season ? Would be interested if you Telegraph readers would be interested ? It's free and you obviously do not need to be tied to a certain publication. It is also the official one althouigh I appreciate that the Telegraph was one of the pioneers of fantasy football in terms of mass appeal (played their version for many a year in the past). I appreciate its a fair few days till the season starts but what do you think ? It is a great game.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts