Fantastic new Home Hub 6

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Hello Peeps,

Been a long time and I hope you are all well however I've just come across something I need to flag for those wishing to invest in the new Home Hub 6 from BT.

Generally great signal and speed but if you work from home via a VPN forget it.It has a major flaw which means when you try to log in it reboots the hub and blows out the connection.It simply will not connnect.It can even disable the network adaptor. Some third party VPNs (other than windows) may work but it appears a major problem .I've put my HH4 back in and no problem.

Shame- they have certainly spent a lot on the marketing.

abacus

You’re not the only one as the BT Forums are awash with the problem, however they have said that they are working on the problem, and to forward the VPN you are using on to them so that they can locate the problem. (If you don’t want to interact with BT then just come an eye out for a firmware update) NOTE: Not all VPN’s cause a problem.

Apart from the above, I have not found any review by anybody that has anything bad to say about HH6, (Unlike the previous versions) which for an ISP router is virtually unheard of. (I’ve always used a 3rd party router so as not to be plagued by the poor quality ISP supplied versions)

Hope it’s fixed soon.

Bill

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Bill-I have been proactive for once and joined the BT community forum to register the problem and have received a PMS requesting further techie info about my VPN which is to be forwarded to the BT Hub team so it would appear they are taking it seriously.I'm still sending it back but at least I have had a response.

BB- we are all fine. Just looking to move to the Devon coast in preparation for retirement.Mine are 25 and 21 and we want rid.(in the nicest possible sense.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts