fairly old Sony DAV S550

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currnetly have a Sony Dav S550 all in one. i bought it from richer sounds approx 7 years ago for about £350.

I am thinking of upgrading and or changing because i feel it seems to be lacking in the excitement sound department. (can i say excitement for something this old?)

Any way if i bought the latest Sony best buy all in one Sony BDV-E300

A

Anonymous

Hi Neverin

I had the S550 and upgraded to the Sony HT-SS1300 two years ago, which the E300 has similar features albeit without the BD player.

I was very impressed at the system especially for the price I paid, around £350 I think and a definate improvement over the 550 by quite a way. It will not beat a separates system but for the size of room I have and lack of space it's very good sound wise, picture wise I run a PS3 through it so great pass through and I can get the pans to shake in the kitchen if I so wish.

If space is a problem, then I can recommend the Sony, nice neat satellites and the sub is not overpowering size wise.

In all I would say that the extra £100 for a BD player thrown it is excellent value, providing it's based on their recent players, haven't read the review yet but will check it out, not that I'm looking to upgrade. Very happy atm.

TRENDING THREADS