Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="JoelSim"]My mouse hovered over the 'ethos' of the group, and nearly changed it to 'the sound of music on hifi equipment. But that's not completely true. Most people here love hifi per se, and me changing it would have meant changing the marketing of the group...
[/quote]

Ah, but do you really LOVE it? Bet you'd drop everything you 'loved' if something that sounded/looked better came along
emotion-14.gif

[/quote]

Typical men, eh? Fickle and shallow.

Now, where are those Penguins........?

John Duncan

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]Well, a means to an end. I prefer listening rather than wittering, but with no hifi (at whatever level - from a lowly £20 mp3 player to a £100k system), there is no music...

And I'm not a musician, so find myself a little out of depth when talking to music forums... at least here I can hold my own (so to speak)...

Oh, while I think about it (and completely OT), I've just had a mail back from Unity Audio about their lovely ADAM HM2 speakers. At the show, I was quoted £650. Turns out that price was each, not for a pair... ah well, back to the drawing board.
Any suggestions on best speakers £4-600 (per pair)? ;)[/quote]

Back to the PMCs it is, then. Common sense prevails! Cheerleaders come out for smooches!

Course, the i's are too dear, hunt down some plusses, they'll be going cheap.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"][quote user="JoelSim"]My mouse hovered over the 'ethos' of the group, and nearly changed it to 'the sound of music on hifi equipment. But that's not completely true. Most people here love hifi per se, and me changing it would have meant changing the marketing of the group...
[/quote]

Ah, but do you really LOVE it? Bet you'd drop everything you 'loved' if something that sounded/looked better came along
emotion-14.gif

[/quote]

Nah, I'm happy with her at the moment

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]Most people here love hifi per se, and me changing it would have meant changing the marketing of the group...[/quote]

Class discuss...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Jan Hibma"]Ahh man, why Facebook? Myspace is much hipper, that's where all the cool kids are at.[/quote]

This may be why on the few occasions I have looked at it, it seems to be entirely written in luminous font on a slightly less luminous background and is in a language that may be descended from but is certainly not currently English.

"When I became a man I put away my childish things" and all that jazz.

A

Anonymous

I'm intrigued...........not with the group, but the fact that most of you are on facebook..... thought it was just oldies in here ;) will try and find some of you on there ;)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Easiest way is just to sign up for the group and there we are[/quote]

Superb.........will check it out Joel......cheers ;)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="D.J.KRIME"]Stereophilia or something like that I think???[/quote]

Isn't it against house rules to mention other hifi magazines?[/quote]

No, only

1) if you link to them or

2) if the whim of the moderator decides it is

John Duncan

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="D.J.KRIME"]Stereophilia or something like that I think???[/quote]

Isn't it against house rules to mention other hifi magazines?[/quote]

No, only

1) if you link to them or

2) if the whim of the moderator decides it is
[/quote]

Piece of advice - don't google it at work

'Whim'? I thought it was all reasoned argument and strict criteria down your way?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]

'Whim'? I thought it was all reasoned argument and strict criteria down your way?[/quote]

How long did you say you've been reading the magazine???

emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]

Er....What is face book?

[/quote]

It's what the plod showed the victim in old films, in the hope they might identify the criminal what done over their fruit an' veg stall.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Anton90125"]
I've joined!
[/quote]

Good good. The more people the better. We can use it to message good deals to each other.

A

Anonymous

I'm there too - Mr. J Hughes. I uploaded some piccys from the Bristol show for you.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Thaiman"]

Er....What is face book?

[/quote]

It's what the plod showed the victim in old films, in the hope they might identify the criminal what done over their fruit an' veg stall.

[/quote]

or a perfect place for Identity burglars! sorry if I sound a bit negative but it is a fact.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Leonard Hatred"][quote user="Jan Hibma"]Ahh man, why Facebook? Myspace is much hipper, that's where all the cool kids are at.[/quote] This may be why on the few occasions I have looked at it, it seems to be entirely written in luminous font on a slightly less luminous background and is in a language that may be descended from but is certainly not currently English. "When I became a man I put away my childish things" and all that jazz.[/quote]

lol

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Okay i'll join buit I would like everyone who can to sign up to the

"If 1,000,000 People Join I'll Legally Change My Name To Mclovin" group

It's hard enough remembering all my stuff for myspace (strictly for college, you understand), now I'm actually going to have to use Facebook rather than ignoring my family and posting on here.... spoilsports

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts