Expensive HDMI cables worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which? magazine tested them and reported:

"When Which? lab tested the following HDMI leads, the cheapest lead proved just as good as the most expensive:
A £10 Tesco Value HDMI leadA £20 John Lewis HDMI leadA £100 Belkin HDMI lead[/list]
Amazingly, our expert viewers saw no difference at all in the picture quality when using the three HDMI leads, with our technical tests confirming identical performances. We passed data through all our HDMI leads at 6.2Gb per second – a data rate more demanding than Blu-ray – without a single error occurring. "

Good enough for me.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Moore:Which? magazine tested them and reported:
<SNIP>

Good enough for me.

Welcome, Andrew Moore, but your first post wasn't really a question, was it?

BTW, can I lock this thread now, or do we have to spend another weekend going round and round the houses before it all gets so heated the big red button gets hit?

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
To the OP, welcome to the forum but do you honestly think this topic hasn't been discussed before? As above, if you're happy with your cables, crack on. If you want to spend loads, crack on. I can't see/hear any difference so I'll carry on saving my money but for a long length cable, I would always recommend spending a little more for peace of mind. More expensive means better made but not better picture/sound in my humble opinion.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Andrew Moore:Which? magazine tested them and reported:
<SNIP>

Good enough for me.

Welcome, Andrew Moore, but your first post wasn't really a question, was it?

BTW, can I lock this thread now, or do we have to spend another weekend going round and round the houses before it all gets so heated the big red button gets hit?

No, it wasn't question. Just something I read that I thought someone might find interesting.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I fail to see how a HDMI cable would effect sound quality of the imput device as its a digital conection like optical it sent in packets, thats like saying a cheap network cable would effect network audio! basicaly it would sync and handshake or not!

if the cable lost packets you'd notice atifacts or complete audio dropout

The cable quality of hdmi is how well built the cable is connectors etc...in my opionion it dont effect the signal if its a £20 or a £200 just aslong as the connectors are not shoddy built!

HDMI uses transition minimized differential signaling (TMDS) to move information from one place to another. TMDS is a way of encoding the signal to protect it from degrading as it travels down the length of the cable

Basically theres always people who have deep pockets who spend money on this stuff thinking it will be better but its mainly in there heads as they want to believe it after spending £100 on a cable.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Moore:No, it wasn't question. Just something I read that I thought someone might find interesting.

So why pose it as a question and then make a statement? Thread locked.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts