Expect the unexpected!

jjbomber

spiny norman said:

A British hi-fi company is bought up by a foreign firm. Not sure how that is unexpected news. I was hoping for something along the lines of; BBB buys Man Ure scarf and hat, StrappedForCash votes Tory or even Gel reads an instruction manual.

Given the amount of red tape we have in this country and a productivity rate that is just 70% of France's, I am amazed any manufacturing company does stay here.

D

Deleted member 2457

Since I have bought my home cinema system Pioneer has gone right downhill and now B&W could follow suit!

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Coincidentally the third series of the excellent 'Silicon Valley' has just aired......

Sadly, I can't see this ending well for B&W. Especially if they start demanding B&W tailors its sound for the US market.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Who could have predicted the breezeblock' stage of design in 1985 so no-one could really have known.

B&W may yet be a mid-21st century global tech giant that started in a Brighton shop.

At least they'll always have the honour of making some of Peter Seller's favourite loudspeakers.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:
Since I have bought my home cinema system Pioneer has gone right downhill and now B&W could follow suit!

... and the Apple share price has fallen for 10 days in a row. At least John Lewis are still alive.
*good*

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jjbomber said:
A British hi-fi company is bought up by a foreign firm. Not sure how that is unexpected news. I was hoping for something along the lines of; BBB buys Man Ure scarf and hat, StrappedForCash votes Tory or even Gel reads an instruction manual.

*biggrin* I think we all know gel will never ever read an instruction manual.

Our politics may be decidedly different, but I'll admit, on occasions, you can be quite funny.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
tino said:
Let's hope they don't move whatever manufacturing is done in the UK over to China.

I wonder if anyone here will actually read the article in question. No redundancies are planned, the existing manufacturing base will remain, B&Ws majority owner will still be in charge and B&W will get access to the tech that will allow them to compete in the 21st century market. Seems like a win all round.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I wonder if anyone here will actually read the article in question. No redundancies are planned, the existing manufacturing base will remain, B&Ws majority owner will still be in charge and B&W will get access to the tech that will allow them to compete in the 21st century market. Seems like a win all round.

Exactly: my surprise was merely at an apparently small tech start-up taking over B&W. But then it's still going to be B&W, albeit with an extra string to its bow.

expat_mike

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
gel said:

... and the Apple share price has fallen for 10 days in a row. At least John Lewis are still alive.

The Apple share price was buoyed up by the assumption of ever increasing iPhone sales. It was inevitable that the sales would eventually fall, so investors have taken their profits, after 13 years of growth.

'Apple Inc on Tuesday posted its first-ever decline in iPhone sales and its first revenue drop in 13 years as the company credited with inventing the smartphone struggles with an increasingly saturated market.'

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
expat_mike said:
jjbomber said:
gel said:

The Apple share price was buoyed up by the assumption of ever increasing iPhone sales. It was inevitable that the sales would eventually fall, so investors have taken their profits, after 13 years of growth.

'Apple Inc on Tuesday posted its first-ever decline in iPhone sales and its first revenue drop in 13 years as the company credited with inventing the smartphone struggles with an increasingly saturated market.'

Yet Apple still managed to turn over $50.6Bn and generate $10.3Bn profit in a single quarter, and remains the biggest company on the planet by Market Cap. even after the stock hammering....

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
tino said:
Let's hope they don't move whatever manufacturing is done in the UK over to China.

The article did not mention anything about manufacturing, merely staff would not be cut, and the existing sales lineup would remain. Here's hoping good things come from this.

jjbomber

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
jjbomber said:

Our politics may be decidedly different, but I'll admit, on occasions, you can be quite funny.

Thank goodness somebody got the joke. I was beginning to think that I was talking to myself.

I disagree with everyone on politics, becuse I hate them all. My mother is voting UKIP tomorrow, so I've spend all evening disecting the hypocrite Farage. The son of immigrants trying to stop immigration, paying his brother a million pound dividend and saying his hasn't another source of income, having his german immigrant wife working for him for free, while another UKIP member pays her salary on his expenses, claiming up to £15,000 a day expenses just for security when saying he is against the EU wasting money, the list is endless.

K

keeper of the quays

jjbomber said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
jjbomber said:

Thank goodness somebody got the joke. I was beginning to think that I was talking to myself.

I disagree with everyone on politics, becuse I hate them all. My mother is voting UKIP tomorrow, so I've spend all evening disecting the hypocrite Farage. The son of immigrants trying to stop immigration, paying his brother a million pound dividend and saying his hasn't another source of income, having his german immigrant wife working for him for free, while another UKIP member pays her salary on his expenses, claiming up to £15,000 a day expenses just for security when saying he is against the EU wasting money, the list is endless. 
A day in the life of most politicians...they moan and rail against unfortunate people on the dole sponging...politicians, councillors etc..biggest grasping spongers out there! Ps your mum must of had a nice evening listening to your ranting! Take her to the local little theatre to make up for listening to that diatribe! We all need to patronise these theatres..good productions! Cheap tickets..a convivial evening out!

D

Deleted member 2457

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
jjbomber said:

*biggrin*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

jjbomber said:

It happens to me. I remember a comment I made on a thread about WHF's review system, but for the life of me, I can't find it. Anyway, you were the only one that got the joke, which in my own humble opinion, was sprinkled with a little comedy genius. *biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts