Epson EH-TW3600

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
Right ladies and gentlemen

I have purchased the above with 100 hrs on the clock with the full 3yrs warranty for £850....not too bad hey!!

What settings did what hifi use for this in their testing room please?

cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Projector settings will be unique to each room - even in two completely blacked out rooms, the settings could different based on the reflective surfaces in the rooms. There's an American site called projector reviews - I tend to use their settings as a base after they've reviewed a PJ, then tweak to suit my preferences.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
loving this projector is absolute quality :bigsmile:

What a bargain hey What Hifi, 110 hrs on teh bulb, but with the 3 yr warranty for £850 delivered!!

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
found an intresting article stating that there is no difference between the Epson 3600/3200, and even going as far to say that teh 3200 is better!!!

Epson compared

This is not the first time I have seen this comparison

Could What Hifi do a test between the 2 at all please?

Would be intresting to see what you guys and girls come up with, especially if the 3200 is better as it's a lot cheaper!!

D

Deleted member 2457

You're a loyal, long term subscriber to the mag as well, aren't you my friend. :)

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
You're a loyal, long term subscriber to the mag as well, aren't you my friend. :)

Yes I am my good sir :grin: Hope ya good dude :)

And can What Hifi please answer my question......in the near future if possible, possibly before Christmas

D

Deleted member 2457

Garth Man said:
gel said:

And can What Hifi please answer my question......in the near future if possible, possibly before Christmas

Yeah I'm good thanks mate. Just thought I would try and help out a bit there. ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, sorry - I asked someone else to tackle this, but they haven't. If you want something done, do it yourself :mad:

Anyhow, yes, that's a fine bargain you've got yourself there. I will look into the Epson model-number query for you and get back....

Thanks for your patience :grin:

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Garth Man said:
gel said:

Yeah I'm good thanks mate. Just thought I would try and help out a bit there. ;)

A Pioneer TV and a 3D one!! Classic. I'm jealous!! How is teh 3D Sony compare, and is the 3D good?

D

Deleted member 2457

Garth Man said:
gel said:
Garth Man said:
gel said:

A Pioneer TV and a 3D one!! Classic. I'm jealous!! How is teh 3D Sony compare, and is the 3D good?

Hi mate

It is pretty interesting comparing the two. :) The freeview tuner in both is excellent, they both handle football and tennis excellent as well. I have the undermount speaker with the Pioneer so sound is definitely better on the Pioneer - seriously good. I'm just watching Blu-rays on the Pioneer without any surround sound home cinema system, and the sound is brilliant even on music Blu-rays.

Black level is definitely with the Pioneer - it is fantastic, and with the Pioneer being bigger and seriously good in terms of picture and the how it handles it, Blu-rays look amazing. On the Sony Blu-rays look really good but not as good as the Pioneer, although I would have to say Back To The Future Blu-ray boxset looks better on the Sony, for some reason that just looks amazing on the Sony. I had a demo of the 3D picture on the Sony and that looked really good compared to other demos of 3D I have had. You definitely see into the picture and things do pop out. :)

Yeah, I'm really happy with what I've ended up with and what I've paid for both of them, I definitely could not of done better. I've just got to decide what to do if I can't wall mount the Pioneer, whether I just stick to how I am right now or possibly have a change of system but that I don't really want to do. One option could be to swap amps with my dad, and have his Pioneer LX70 and get some money in exchange for my LX81 - that could definitely be something that might happen, will have to see.

I've not yet got into projectors - probably a very lucky thing seeing how much I seem to be spending on TVs right now. :) I would have to have both if I do, I have to admit I do look at your projector hot deals with interest though and at least I know who to ask for advice on projectors when I do get into them. :)

Cheers mate 8)

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi Garth Man

I thought I would give you a heads up for a change, the Disney BOGOF offer starts again on September 26th and runs to the 1st November.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Hi Garth Man

I thought I would give you a heads up for a change, the Disney BOGOF offer starts again on September 26th and runs to the 1st November.

Ah wicked cheers gel really apprecaite that mate :grin:

more burn holes in my wallet!!!!

Wonder what titles will be in?

D

Deleted member 2457

Garth Man said:
gel said:
Hi Garth Man

Ah wicked cheers gel really apprecaite that mate :grin:

more burn holes in my wallet!!!!

Wonder what titles will be in?

No probs. Not sure with the titles mate, hoping the new Narnia film might be in though, I do own the first two and like the picture and sound. The fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film will only have been out a short while, so I'm praying it will be in but not 100% sure it will.

Some people are saying The Incredibles will be in (which could of interest to The_Lhc - if he has not got it already), not sure what other ones would possibly interest people.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts