Epos or AVI?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

over the past couple of months I've being toying around with another system, which will have (Probably!) Cambridge Audio electronics.

At present, the 'speakers are Epos M5i's.

Now when your considering a piece of equipment most of us have a shortlist of the traits that make up the total product.

In terms of speakers, for me in this set up, apart from not being magnetically shielded, the new AVI Neutron 5's seem to have everything. Small, detailed, airy, lively etc & I'm not bothered over the low end as long as they have these attributes.

Do you think l would gain over the Epos M5i's?

A

Anonymous

I'm sure they would be very good, only Ashley told me they weren't make anymore...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
chebby:Hughes123:I'm sure they would be very good, only Ashley told me they weren't make anymore...
Scotch mist?

No, but Ashley has also confessed to keeping things on the website that are no longer available before, so id email them.

A

Anonymous

Well leaving aside the "are they aren't they for sale" (though l did receive an email from Ashley James today & he didn't say they weren't for sale) Thanks JoelSim for the opinion; would you care to expand?

John, you seem to be very pleased with yours, any further comment?

A

Anonymous

Addition

As l intend to partner with CA electronics (already have the 640C v2 CD & looking for a 640A amp) I'm a little concerned that these may be too bright for the 5's.

Having a look through the links history, Ashley James states that, due to the tighter bass control & clearer mids, they may not be a match for up front amps.

John Duncan

chesterfieldhouse:

Well leaving aside the "are they aren't they for sale" (though l did receive an email from Ashley James today & he didn't say they weren't for sale) Thanks JoelSim for the opinion; would you care to expand?

John, you seem to be very pleased with yours, any further comment?

Yeah, I think you describe them perfectly further up - "small, detailed, airy, lively". I sometimes hanker after a bit more bass to give a slightly warmer sound, but I think their positioning in my house is less than ideal in that respect, and rear-wall enforcement would make them perfect.

John Duncan

chesterfieldhouse:
Addition

As l intend to partner with CA electronics (already have the 640C v2 CD & looking for a 640A amp) I'm a little concerned that these may be too bright for the 5's.

Having a look through the links history, Ashley James states that, due to the tighter bass control & clearer mids, they may not be a match for up front amps.

Probably a better match than the Epos' metal tweeter, but that's just a guess, haven't heard them. Try and see - Sevenoaks in Grays' Inn Road used to stock them both.....

TRENDING THREADS