Epos Elan 10 - anybody tried with tubes ?

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi
that's the question .
SPL 89 dB a bit at limit but still ... I am curious if somebody have experienced matching these speakers with valve amp
I'm thinking about some 2x35 W in 4/8 ohm

Hi
that's the question .
SPL 89 dB a bit at limit but still ... I am curious if somebody have experienced matching these speakers with valve amp
I'm thinking about some 2x35 W in 4/8 ohm
Nice speakers but with a 4 ohm nominal impedance think you might be pushing it a bit.
Depends on the quality of the valve amp itself and it's current delivery I guess but, no, i haven't heard them.
Strangely enough the only review I have ever seen of them used a valve power amp but that was an Audio Research Reference 75 which costs many times that of the speakers themselves.....
Do you own these, or thinking of getting a pair?
I would suggest that, unless your amp is of a similar quality, you give them a miss, although there is nothing intrinsically wrong with nine year old speakers, something more modern and certainly more efficient might be more useful.
Epos was Mike Creeks baby so think Creek amplifiers, and, as far as I know he wasn't into valves.

Last edited:

Teo

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Nice speakers but with a 4 ohm nominal impedance think you might be pushing it a bit.
Depends on the quality of the valve amp itself and it's current delivery I guess but, no, i haven't heard them.
Strangely enough the only review I have ever seen of them used a valve power amp but that was an Audio Research Reference 75 which costs many times that of the speakers themselves.....
Do you own these, or thinking of getting a pair?
I would suggest that, unless your amp is of a similar quality, you give them a miss, although there is nothing intrinsically wrong with nine year old speakers, something more modern and certainly more efficient might be more useful.
Epos was Mike Creeks baby so think Creek amplifiers, and, as far as I know he wasn't into valves.
Yes , I own them .Was thinking about some change in amplifier section ( now I have an old Opera Audio Consonance A100 SS integrated ).I am using them in a 2.1 system with a Dynavoice 8'' subwoofer

TRENDING THREADS