Emotional Response to Music

Friesiansam

I listened to this loud, a few minutes ago on the Pathos and Focals:

Now I love listening to music, just as most here do but, this triggered the kind of strong emotional response in me, that I have very rarely felt when listening.

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

May 18, 2022

Now I love listening to music, just as most here do but, this triggered the kind of strong emotional response in me, that I have very rarely felt when listening.
That’s just what I have been waiting for - brilliant! Had me clicking my fingers and tapping my feet. Cheers! (y)

Reactions: Friesiansam

WayneKerr

Jan 21, 2022

This particular track doesn't do the same for me but dependent on my mood I often get the same strong emotional response to music as you do... I think we all do on here, it's the beauty of good music/sound. I have one recording of Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings and it gets me every time... maybe something to do with some of the journeys I've had during periods of depression over the years.

12th Monkey

Music is a great emotional balm. Bits remind me of my late mum, and in the right moment reliably start the waterworks, other bits make me happy, energised, joyful, thoughtful etc etc.

I fear that some part of this is lost to those who aren't as old/farty enough as most of us are, and who don't care about sound quality.

Gray

Getting emotional from songs means that the artists did a great job relating with the listeners and making music out of it which is a great writing technique. Some more tips on writing great songs check out our blog:
Your post should be deleted soon.
Goodbye 'Julia'.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray

No, feel free. We're just dealing with spam here, so I see no way that it could be deemed commenting upon moderation etc. And I'm shallow enough that any appreciation is gratefully received!
I meant I won't comment on any spam post.
Because, once you delete the spam, my post would be left there out of context anyway.
(And they don't deserve any response other than the deletion (y))

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts