Emotional Response to Music

Friesiansam

I listened to this loud, a few minutes ago on the Pathos and Focals:

Now I love listening to music, just as most here do but, this triggered the kind of strong emotional response in me, that I have very rarely felt when listening.

Reactions: Freddy

Freddy

BANNED
May 18, 2022
Visit site

Now I love listening to music, just as most here do but, this triggered the kind of strong emotional response in me, that I have very rarely felt when listening.
That’s just what I have been waiting for - brilliant! Had me clicking my fingers and tapping my feet. Cheers! (y)

Reactions: Friesiansam

WayneKerr

This particular track doesn't do the same for me but dependent on my mood I often get the same strong emotional response to music as you do... I think we all do on here, it's the beauty of good music/sound. I have one recording of Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings and it gets me every time... maybe something to do with some of the journeys I've had during periods of depression over the years.

Gray

No, feel free. We're just dealing with spam here, so I see no way that it could be deemed commenting upon moderation etc. And I'm shallow enough that any appreciation is gratefully received!
I meant I won't comment on any spam post.
Because, once you delete the spam, my post would be left there out of context anyway.
(And they don't deserve any response other than the deletion (y))

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
This will not be to many people's taste but try, if you can find a copy, Kondrashin's Shostakovich Symphony 13 "Babi Yar" on Praga Digital. This is Shostakovich telling the story of the Babi Yar massacre caried out by the Nazis in Ukraine. My review on Amazon said:

"Visceral is the word that has sprung to my mind to describe this performance. Like others I'm not sure this is really a symphony, more a cantata to my mind, but I don't think that matters. It is what it is and here you can almost touch the emotion. It is completely RUSSIAN in all its aspects. An outstanding performance and an excellent recording for its age. I'm listening on SACD."

It's actually quite hard to listen to. I recall being almost pushed back into my seat when I first heard it.

Witterings

Don't get me started on this s*^t :giggle: .... do I find music emotional? Hell yes.

It can range from a guitar solo on a Black Sabbath / Led Zep track to Pavarotti to Barbara Streisand, Les Miserable and Procol Harem.

She played the lead in London for a few years ... don't know why but I love it when she goes into her native language
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRZuxzLugKg

Look at the expression in the face of the singer / piano player
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM

If this doesn't get you .... nothing will ... worth googling her and Joe Bonamassa - I'd rather go blind as well
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETj8kXNAtuE

There are so many others, I don't know where to start.

In my day to day life I'm the most normal. down to earth and unphased person possible but music just touches my soul in absolutely every way.

TRENDING THREADS