Emoticon/Smiley incontinence.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Since the new range of emoticons/smileys has expanded, there has been an explosion in their use.

Can some limit (maybe only one per post) be programmed into the site software? People are now posting entire rows of these blasted things and I end up scrolling until they are off screen.

I'm unlikely to read a post if I have to scroll up/down until it disappears.

:) |( >) :beer: :star: :quest: :exmark: :rofl: :grin: :mad: :oops: :roll: :help: :wave: :cry: :clap: :poke: :type: :rockout: :bounce: :rant: :dance: :shame: :hand: :shifty: :silenced: :pray: :boohoo: :twisted: :shhh: :wall: :cheer: :cheers: :read: :doh: ;) :( :D :p :O :? 8)

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
They all appeared in the last software upgrade – well, actually they and lot more appeared, but we pruned them back pretty hard.

I don't think anything can be programmed to limit their use, so it's down to members to use them in a way that doesn't annoy other users.

I'm fairly smiley-agnostic, but if they're annoying a significant number of people I'm sure they can be culled a bit.

Let us know...

D

Deleted member 2457

I'm with Chebby - ban them! It might have something to do with the fact I can't use them and I'm finding that annoying too, but they are flipping annoying jumping all over the place, and then you have to go near them just to find out what they mean and what the poster is going on about.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
It might have something to do with the fact I can't use them and I'm finding that annoying too,

:) Thats a pretty poor excuse for banning them Gel.:bounce: :dance: :help: :wave: :boohoo: :cheers:

:) Seem to work ok for me.:)

D

Deleted member 2457

laserman16 said:
gel said:
It might have something to do with the fact I can't use them and I'm finding that annoying too,

:) Thats a pretty poor excuse for banning them Gel.:bounce: :dance: :help: :wave: :boohoo: :cheers:

:) Seem to work ok for me.:)

Good enough for me mate, lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts