Eliminating Floor Vibrations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has suggestions/solutions to having soft spongy bouncy wooden floorboards which render using my turntable (Radius 5) useless due to the vibrations when walking nearby?

I am unable to put up wall mounted shelves as the place I am staying is not mine.

Are there any practical solutions out there?

I have a 'standard glass' hifi cabinet. Nothing fancy.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There's not much you can really do - our demo rooms are very similar being completely wood construction. Is this on the ground floor? Do you own the property? If so, and this may involve a little work, how about pulling up a few floorboards and 'propping up' the joists that run underneath the turntable? So what you're doing is placing a solid piece of wood upright beneath the joist so it's supported directly beneath rather than just around the very outside. Is this possible?

A

Anonymous

If your renting then speak to the landlord about the shelves, can,t see there being a problem.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
That'll teach me for not reading fully. Again.
emotion-4.gif

bemaniac

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
my decks have had some soft microphone muffler stuff added to the feet to stop things mucking up when my housemates run up and down the stairs outside my room. I see them as a sort of cheapo suspension not sure how it effects the sound tho.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

Placing a slab underneath it might not look too nice, but it would cut back on 'bounce'.

I,ve got a tenant in a property who had the same problem, he ended up buying a storage box from ikea and filled it with bags of unopened sand, it made the box completely solid and no vibration from the floorboards entered it, have to say it worked a treat, but i would still try to isolate it by putting up shelves.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
It is possible to do but it takes DIY skills and a bit of time. It involves pulling up the carpet and making some changes to the joists etc. The cost is relatively cheap at around £20. If this is within reason let me know and i'll run trough the procedure FOC!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts