Electrostatic Loud Speakers Y/N?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, this is my first message to this forum and I thought I'd ask a question that has troubled me for years - Are Electrostatic Loud Speakers (ESL) worth the hassle and drawbacks, e.g. lack of base and small sweet spot.

It would be good to hear from someone who actually owns a pair and has experienced them in comparison to normal drivers.

Also what is the cheapest pair of ESL's on the market, kit or otherwise?

Hope to hear soon,

TipTopTramp

A

Anonymous

Definite thumbs up for electrostatics. Martin Logan electrostatics are worth a look. They have a separate bass driver to try and solve the bass problem, and to my ears, when I heard them at the show, they were amongst the best there.

P.S welcome to the forum!

A

Anonymous

if you have the space yes they are ace to my ears the martin logans are best, the quads are not far behind soundwise
i own a pair of jecklin flloat electroostatic headphones ps2 model and they sound awesome, but very loud for other
persons in the room when listening to them so if you have the space and cash go for it you wont be dissapointed
but demo them first just in case you dont like them happy listening.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Electrostatics are great for those with enough room for them. You'll be needing about 5 metres width, and seeing as they like to be at least a metre from the back wall, ideally 5/6 metres length minimum. If they're not given enough ro to breath, they can't perform as intended, and lose some of their strengths.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts