Edit??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anderson

LOL @ NORMAN

I knew you were the type to gurn but I thought you principled, I'm pretty sure I've seen you compliment someone swear on here before. I'm starting to think you don't like me :(

Wanna go for a pint mate?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Anderson said:
I knew you were the type to gurn but I thought you principled, I'm pretty sure I've seen you compliment someone swear on here before.

Once again, in something approaching recognisable English?

Anderson said:
I'm starting to think you don't like me :(

It's not a question of liking or not liking: I just find your behaviour on here oafish, crude and apparently designed to disrupt.

Anderson said:
Wanna go for a pint mate?

I don't drink alcohol: perhaps I'm trying to balance out the average ;-)

But I'm not your mate, and somehow I don't think I ever would be.

A

Anderson

It's peculiar, if I had to think of a word to describe you I would have chosen oafish. Maybe not drinking is the problem.

A

Anderson

Had a drink last night mate, had a BBQ earlier but haven't touched the sauce regretably.

Do you believe in karma?

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Anderson said:
What made you regret your alcohol use mate?

Again, I'm not your mate, nor will I ever be. Why don't you go away and chat to yourself in the onanistic little attempt to steal some of What HiFi's readers you reference in your 'signature'? You might be rather happier there, constantly laughing at yourself, and congratulating yourself on how clever and daring you've been.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Bumpety....still no sign of it working. Can we assume it's gone for good, along with the feature to reply to an OP without having to quote them?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yep. It all started to go very wrong back when the big cheeses at Haymarket decided our beloved WHF site and forums had to follow the corporate look of in-house classy high-brow websites and magazines like 'Stuff' and bloody 'Four Four Two'. It became abundantly clear quite quickly that our local mods and admin, though empathetic to our collective berations and dispair, were too far down the pecking order to be able to report our disquiet back up the chain with any serious degree of authority. They're probably just as pissed off with it as we are.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Apologies, I was away last week and Joe is on holiday this week so I wasn't fully in the loop on this one. We did indeed have some problems with the Forums last week but I was told these had been fixed. Apparently not.

It seems some of you can still see the Edit button while others cannot. Confusing. How many people cannot edit posts? We are clearly seeing the Edit buttons at this end so it's hard to gauge how widespread the problem is.

And most people still seem to be able to post.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
I can't, my reply button has gone, except for on second and subsequent posts. I assumed this was linked to the edit issue. Clearly it's not.

Does this mean that you have lost the Reply button at the top of the first page, but not the ones on all other subsequent posts?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
It seems some of you can still see the Edit button while others cannot. Confusing. How many people cannot edit posts? We are clearly seeing the Edit buttons at this end so it's hard to gauge how widespread the problem is.

And most people still seem to be able to post.

No edit button here.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
MajorFubar said:
I can't, my reply button has gone, except for on second and subsequent posts. I assumed this was linked to the edit issue. Clearly it's not.

Does this mean that you have lost the Reply button at the top of the first page, but not the ones on all other subsequent posts?

Hi Andy, I see no 'Reply' button on the initial post in a thread, even if there are no replies, only 'Quote'. To reply without quoting I have to hit 'Quote' then delete all the text from the box. The Reply botton disappeared at the same time as the Edit button. I thought it was linked to the same cause, but others report they haven't lost the Reply button, so perhaps not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts