fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Go for it Northants bloke! Let us know if you get it...and if so how it sounds!

Keep an eye on the end of the auction - specifically the last 60 seconds. A lot of people use "sniping" tools which bid automatically for them in the last few seconds, so by the time you notice you've been outbid, it's too late!

www.auctionsniper.com is a classic example - it bids within the last 7 seconds and then charges you a small percentage (1%) of the auction finish price, up to a max of $10.

You may not want to use it, but at least you're aware of their sneaky tactics!!!

A

Anonymous

Never put an early bid on anything that you want, all you do is hike up the price, the secret is with ebay that you only put 1 bid in and not until the last 10 seconds and that is the highest that your willing to pay, otherwise you are inflating the final price..........

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"]
Never put an early bid on anything that you want, all you do is hike up the price, the secret is with ebay that you only put 1 bid in and not until the last 10 seconds and that is the highest that your willing to pay, otherwise you are inflating the final price..........
[/quote]

Not sure i agree as ive done this b4 and won and got the item at a good price but each to their own technique.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="northantsbloke34"]Im still wining!, 3 days to go. Nad c352 and c542 cd for combined price of £205 , both ex demo. fingers crossed![/quote]

Ex demo? Are you a dealer?

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="northantsbloke34"]Im still wining!, 3 days to go. Nad c352 and c542 cd for combined price of £205 , both ex demo. fingers crossed![/quote]

[/quote]

I'm buying not selling Thaiman,

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]

[/quote]

Wish i was!. Mmmmmm surrounded by best hifi you can buy 5 days a week!, nice!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="northantsbloke34"]I'm buying not selling Thaiman,[/quote]

Sorry! too many late night, should have read more carefully....good luck

John Duncan

It's ok, now that you're on the seller's radar, don't do anything until the last fifteen seconds - hold your nerve. Then bid what you want to pay for it, plus ten quid, plus £1.50. If you still don't win, you couldn't afford it
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I totally concur, that's my method too, but you can't help some people..........

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bluetorric"]
I totally concur, that's my method too, but you can't help some people..........

[/quote]
Like i said we all have our own methods..... some jump in right at end at push it way to high and use auto bidder things which is not on imo

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm with bluetorric on this. I sell as well as buy on Ebay and it amazes me that some of my items sell for more than they do brand new in the shops! People get sucked in to the "I will win at all costs" scenario. I always bid at the end and add 3 pence on the end - amazing how many times I've won when someone has bid say £32 and the actual bid was say £25 and I've nipped in at the death with £32.03 and won. Anyone want any Chord Odyssey 2 (pair of 5m lengths) or Chord Cobra 3 interconnect - I am selling!! You can't beat a bit of free advertising!!

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]Sorry, I didn't realise that. Please NO ONE buy my Chord stuff on Ebay!!

Thanks for the tip off John.
Chord Company is rubbish!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Lol - what a salesman eh?!

A

Anonymous

ebay could and should be a buyers market - if people were sensible enough not to bid on items till the last minute - why would you want to hike the price up and pay any more than you absolutely have to? i understand that maybe you cant be at your PC when the auction ends but in that case leave it till the last 8 or so hours.

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
Thing is, people get very excited when they "win" an auction. All it means is that you agreed to pay more for something than anyone else thought it was worth :)

A

Anonymous

Crazy...if there's an Ebay bargain on Hi Fi, don't go on here broadcasting it, posters here are potentially your bidding rivals! But good luck anyway. BTW when bidding I always do so with success at the very last second using Ebay Sniper.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]Anyone want any Chord Odyssey 2 (pair of 5m lengths) or Chord Cobra 3 interconnect - I am selling!! You can't beat a bit of free advertising!![/quote]

Is that the cables you previously said sucked? I'll give you thruppence for it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts