eb acoustics eb2s

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Forum users Insider9 and now Seemorebits have both sampled the flavour of the EB Acoustics EB2's in their original and now new versions, neither finding their particular taste to their paletes liking, at present at least. So seeing as you seem to be a big fan and previous owner of the EB2's and obviously really enjoy the sound presentation of your current speakers if you were able to gauge how the these two very different speakers compare I'd be very interested and grateful for your input.

Are the EB2's almost more active monitor sounding than any other similarily priced passive speaker? Or is it really just a case of finding the correct system matching? I find it hard to imagine experienced listeners expectation/ears are so out of sync that they'd return them whilst still singing the products praises.

I ask simply because when I eventually move home I'd be really interested in these for a 2nd passive system. I actually wanted a pair of the first incarnation before all hell broke loose and they disappeared.

As I said above, I'm really interested in the Major's views as he's heard both speakers I'm interested in. Ta

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
Forum users Insider9 and now Seemorebits have both sampled the flavour of the EB Acoustics EB2's in their original and now new versions, neither finding their particular taste to their paletes liking, at present at least. So seeing as you seem to be a big fan and previous owner of the EB2's and obviously really enjoy the sound presentation of your current speakers if you were able to gauge how the these two very different speakers compare I'd be very interested and grateful for your input.

Are the EB2's almost more active monitor sounding than any other similarily priced passive speaker? Or is it really just a case of finding the correct system matching? I find it hard to imagine experienced listeners expectation/ears are so out of sync that they'd return them whilst still singing the products praises.

I ask simply because when I eventually move home I'd be really interested in these for a 2nd passive system. I actually wanted a pair of the first incarnation before all hell broke loose and they disappeared.

As I said above, I'm really interested in the Major's views as he's heard both speakers I'm interested in. Ta
i can't answer what the difference is between the new and old but the easy answer is try them for your self.next day delivery 30 day trial.I think you will be genuinely shocked how good these are for the price.as i said i will be getting them back when I buy a new amp

seemorebtts said:
luckylion100 said:

i can't answer what the difference is between the new and old but the easy answer is try them for your self.next day delivery 30 day trial.I think you will be genuinely shocked how good these are for the price.as i said i will be getting them back when I buy a new amp

Although the new version seem to have cabinets built out of a different material compared to the original I cannot see this making much audible difference between the two. Anyway it's pretty irrelevant as the only ones you are likely to find readily available to buy will be the new ones.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
luckylion100 said:

The AVI's are a touch darker than the EB2s and IMO not as impetuous in the wrong room. I'm not sure how this translates into a difference in frequency response at the high end, if you could see them both on a graph. The AVis have to me a better sense of instrument separation and imagery, but seeing I only ever heard the EB2s on my Cyrus II and before that my PM66KI, the amps could easily have been the limiting factor. Al Ears' amp and source components are several leagues ahead of the components I used the speakers with. Equally, the AVIs are physically smaller, and I've always found smaller speakers give better imagery, though I doubt it's a hard and fast rule.

As a home producer I loved the EB2s excellent transparency and the perception you were hearing absolutely everything in a mix.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
No listening room is the same. It would be totally impossible for WH (or a Dealer) to replicate your/my room.

Of course it would. But it's not too difficult to see that a 15'x'12 room with wallpaper and carpets containing regular items like a three piece suite, a large window framed by curtains, a TV and probably some glass-fronted pictures hung somewhere more closely approximates an average living room than an expensively-treated monitoring room with bass traps everywhere and acoustic foam hung on the walls. 'Average' is not an exact science, and it can't precisely replicate. It's just that: average.

If a manufacturer builds a set of speakers which sound amazing in a carefully treated room but sound pants just about everywhere else, I want the review in a hifi magazine to tell me these speakers are probably going to sound pants in my living room, not one which tells me they potentially sound great in a studio after £15,000 of acoustic treatment. I'd expect to see that review in Sound On Sound or other pro audio magazines.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
for taking the time to answer my question. I imagined they'd be similiar to your description.

Hi Seemorebtts, currently I'm not in a position to be auditioning anything yet. My bank account is recovering from the purchase of the Oppo HA-1 and the Dirac Live system (which I hope will be activated tomorrow sometime)

The EB2's are definitely one for the future as I think I'd like the sound.

drummerman said:
seemorebtts said:
drummerman said:
I just tried to Google EB Acoustics. Not easy to get their company website.
hi drummer man they are called this arcaydis.i would put a link but won't let me

Any problems.

Of course they are. Bad back so brain functioning even less than usual!

Thanks.

EB Acoustics was a certain persons website. The product in question is now the concern of others, namely Arcaydis.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts