EB Acoustics EB2 vs. Rega RS5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which one would you buy, EB Acoustics EB2 or Rega RS5? Strengths, weaknesses? I cannot audition these speakers (I live in Hungary). I'm also open to other suggestions, used or new; my budget is around 700 GBP. I plan to buy the speakers online, from UK.

Requirements: balanced, detailed, good high frequency response, clear, dynamic, controlled bass (not overwhelming)

Electronics: Cyrus 6vs2 amplifier, Audio-GD DAC19DF DAC
Music: female/male vocals, Hungarian folk music, jazz, ska, some rock

Earlier I had an Epos M12i, which I didn't like. It had a "hole" in the lower midrange, and vocals sounded lifeless to me (Regina Spektor sounded like she's singing just for money). Now I have a Focal 707S, which I find more balanced (=no "missing" frequencies) than the Epos, but the resolution is not as good as with the Epos. I'm a beginner audiophile, so the terms I use may not be appropriate.

Any help is appreciated.

BTW: why EB2 did not get the Best Buy award for 2010?

willgaunt

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I can only vouch for the quality of the EB2s, and question where you can find the Regas for anywhere near £700!

Interesting point btw. Seems the EB2s have been replaced as a Best Buy by the ATCs they ousted in the first place. Hmmm.

A

Anonymous

willgaunt:

Interesting point btw. Seems the EB2s have been replaced as a Best Buy by the ATCs they ousted in the first place. Hmmm.

Will. I already knew this but couldn't talk about it before the issue came out. The decision has NOTHING to do with sound quality. It's politics inside WHF. I'm as staggered as most who have phoned me. For clarification, perhaps one of the mods would like to explain the WHF reasons to you.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:willgaunt:Interesting point btw. Seems the EB2s have been replaced as a Best Buy by the ATCs they ousted in the first place. Hmmm.

Will. I already knew this but couldn't talk about it before the issue came out. The decision has NOTHING to do with sound quality. It's politics inside WHF. I'm as staggered as most who have phoned me. For clarification, perhaps one of the mods would like to explain the WHF reasons to you.

They already have.

A

Anonymous

chebby:EB Ricky:willgaunt:Interesting point btw. Seems the EB2s have been replaced as a Best Buy by the ATCs they ousted in the first place. Hmmm.

They already have.

Mmmm!. Have just read the answer. End of story really Cheb.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the answers so far, and for the clarification regarding the EB2.

Rega RS5 under 700: Moorgate Acoustics, special offers

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Not heard the RS5, but heard the RS7's today and they were beautiful, great depth and detail.

Sugden A21L amp, Naim CD5XS (bought today) Chord Cobra 3 i.c. ProAc Studio 130

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts