EB Acoustic EB2 feedback thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

drummerman:Richard Allen:

JohnDuncan:Is Ricky Richard, that's what I want to know.

Wouldn't know. He's bin kidnapped by aliens apparently. Can't they design their own loudspeakers then??

I just saw AE's repromand on one of my posts, with you defending it. Thanks. Whilst it was a slightly sarcastic comment it was, on that occasion, not an attack. I also do not want that either one of you of EB/Arcaydis disappear from the forum because I can be a miserable ... you make interesting contributions. It just seemed that this forum has been taken over by EB'nites at times. Though I think I actually prefer that to some of the other regular topics.

I bought this months edition of WH and was intrigued about your speakers. Why did you choose to make them with r/w veneer rather than a slightly better tweeter?

Also, my speakers have a single capacitor as x/over. What are your views on such a simplistic way?

Don't worry DM. I'm goin nowhere and thank you for you kind comments.

OK. To business. The single capacitor is the ideallic way forward. you may find that there is 1 coil on the bass unit as well. If this is the case, the 2 drivers have been 'optimised' to work together. What other components are on the board DM??

A

Anonymous

John Barlow:Ricky EB was kidnapped by aliens yesterday.

I'm back. Yes, they did get me. Wanted loudspeaker designs. I suggested a quasi butterworth 3rd order design. They looked at each other confused, and then their heads exploded. Next thing, I'm back here.
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

SteveR750:
well if a forum asks for a speaker, then it will get to take it apart. Given the parentage, then I personally don't have a problem with EB2 threads all over the place.

Steve, you are very kind although I'm not starting these threads. they come about on their own. Created a monster me thinks.
emotion-5.gif

SteveR750

There is a difference between created and invited. I think its a brilliant exercise in lean marketing and design to manufacture and if I had a few bob and was called Theo or Deborah then I'd want to have a chat.

Maybe invited is better as delivered, fits the midwife analogy and all that.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:

Don't worry DM. I'm goin nowhere and thank you for you kind comments.

OK. To business. The single capacitor is the ideallic way forward. you may find that there is 1 coil on the bass unit as well. If this is the case, the 2 drivers have been 'optimised' to work together. What other components are on the board DM??

Not much else I can remember but will have a poke when opening them up again.

KiwiMoto

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I would love to share my opinion,IF my EB's ever arrive that is!I ordered them late November/early December and have had nothing yet.Rang three times and left my email address,but alas,not a murmur.An 8 week wait is what i was expecting, but 16 to 18 weeks and not a dickey bird?Thats plain rubbish!If EB Ricky is around here somewhere please let me know..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts