EB Acoustic EB2 feedback thread

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Dear owners of EB2, can you share with us your system and your experience with EB2 and taste in music, it will benefit all who are interested in buying EB2, what I want to know what is your source (CD Player, Media streamers), Amplification, DACs, if you could also share something about placement, stands then that will help also.

Your music taste mostly listen to classical, pop, rock, hip-hop or dance/techno etc. Please note that I have no affiliation with EB Acoustics but since the speakers are only sold on-line and there is limited option for audition hence started this thread which will help people make decision on purchase.

A

Anonymous

emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

I heard somewhere that these speakers are pretty good.

A

Anonymous

drummerman:... give me strength.

And me. This is getting embarrassing now.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:I heard somewhere that these speakers are pretty good.

Who told you that then Iggles????

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
EB Ricky:drummerman:... give me strength.

Ricky,

The very fact that you have now commented on this thread has probably confirmed all of Drummerman's suspicions and there will be no stopping him now.

It is an unfortunate title. Something more like... "Please can someone give feedback on using the EB2s" ...would have been less incendiary.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Serious questions I'm interested in knowing - info not on website

1 -What is the frequencys response of the EB2 speakers?

2 -What are the power handling figures for the EB2's? like max input

3 - Recommended amplifier power required?

4- Recommended stands to purchase?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
chebby:

Ricky,

The very fact that you have now commented on this thread has probably confirmed all of Drummerman's suspicions and there will be no stopping him now.

It is an unfortunate title. Something more like... "Please can someone give feedback on using the EB2s" ...would have been less incendiary.

Not at all. Fully understand what the OP meant ... he'll probably post another one now, re-phrased.

A

Anonymous

chebby:

Ricky,

Not on this occasion Chebby. I actually agree with Drummerman and he knows I didn't start this.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Hey, no problem Ricky and apologies. Anyways, got to admire you and Richard ... one sleeps, the other one posts ... then it's change of guards and off we go again.

I did wonder a few times how the english won the big war but I understand now. You just wore them down relentlessly
emotion-2.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... but there's no better person to explain your own product.

You may well carry on answering the questions. I have a feeling they won't stop for some time to come yet and I admire your new found success.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Blackdawn:
Serious questions I'm interested in knowing - info not on website

1 -What is the frequencys response of the EB2 speakers?

2 -What are the power handling figures for the EB2's? like max input

3 - Recommended amplifier power required?

4- Recommended stands to purchase?

Yep reasonable questions... Ricky?

All this thread conspiracy is nonesense.. since the EB website is.. well... basic(!)...the WHF website and forum is the only place in the world where you can get info on these speakers. So I can understand why the threads are cropping up.

OK a question from me: how loud can the EB2s go before they wave the white flag? I know ATC, PMC and the like are renown for this and manufacturers such as Dali are not so much.... thanks

jules.

NigelF

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I must say I am astonished, in 24 hours not a single person shared their experience, in similar thread on DacMagic we got tons of response, I saw EB is not taking any orders and they are selling EBs like hot cakes but despite that fact it looks like there are very few who actually got the delivery or no one has used these yet.

By the way I have changed the subject to be more appropriate
emotion-2.gif

I was reading again the SCM-11 review and looking for opinion if the Bass response on ATC much deeper & tighter then EB2? I've also noticed WHF reviewer stated that EB2 are less forgiving on poor recordings compared to EB2, does this mean on lower bitrate ripped files ATC do better job the EB2. I guess only WHF can answer that questions so keeping my finger crossed
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Only heard the SCM11s myself but from what I gather reading the reviews is that both the ATCs & EBs give tight bass and both are transparent (and therefore will highlight poor recordings) it's just that the EBs give you more of these characteristics for less money.

Richard Allen

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Is Ricky Richard, that's what I want to know.

Wouldn't know. He's bin kidnapped by aliens apparently. Can't they design their own loudspeakers then??

A

Anonymous

Great.

Someone asks some sensible questions and you can hear a pin drop.

Others profer banalities and get a reply from the manufacturer themselves.

A

Anonymous

jules153:Only heard the SCM11s myself but from what I gather reading the reviews is that both the ATCs & EBs give tight bass and both are transparent (and therefore will highlight poor recordings) it's just that the EBs give you more of these characteristics for less money.

Exactly right Jules. If you go by the review though, you will get a slightly deeper bass response from the SCM11.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Richard Allen:

JohnDuncan:Is Ricky Richard, that's what I want to know.

Wouldn't know. He's bin kidnapped by aliens apparently. Can't they design their own loudspeakers then??

I just saw AE's repromand on one of my posts, with you defending it. Thanks. Whilst it was a slightly sarcastic comment it was, on that occasion, not an attack. I also do not want that either one of you of EB/Arcaydis disappear from the forum because I can be a miserable ... you make interesting contributions. It just seemed that this forum has been taken over by EB'nites at times. Though I think I actually prefer that to some of the other regular topics.

I bought this months edition of WH and was intrigued about your speakers. Why did you choose to make them with r/w veneer rather than a slightly better tweeter?

Also, my speakers have a single capacitor as x/over. What are your views on such a simplistic way?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts