Easily confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As someone who can tell the difference (when concentrating) between CA Atlantic and CA Arctic interconnects, I am struggling to notice the difference between the Arctic and Azure Reference. (I think one was £20 the other was £50 at good old RicherSounds).

So it got me thinking: Is it that me / my brain / my hearing that cant appreciate the subtleties that increasing expensive interconnects deliver.

OR

Is it that between those I listened too, there actaully is little difference?

You see, I 'm torn between admitting "I cant tell the difference - I may as well opt for the last ones I can tell the difference with" or going with something more expensive because "it MUST be better" and as a bonus I can inflate my ego!

Yours

Easily confussed.

A

Anonymous

Having had a sleep (always a bad sign!).

I've had a flash of inspiration.

Given that the components in an interconnector are wire, insulator, connector, solder (or force). It boils down to three things: Quality of components, workmanship and synergy.

So, if I get some plugs, short length of cable and my soldering iron out. There is a good chance I'll be able to put something together for the price of a couple of pints of beer, that I cant tell the difference with a £50 shop bought jobbie!

Successs and a massaged EGO.

OR - am I missing some vital ingredient in this receipe?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Some may say that some of the fleabay offerings are based on exactly that principle.

Me!...I couldnt possibly comment.
emotion-5.gif

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Serenity:

As someone who can tell the difference (when concentrating) between CA Atlantic and CA Arctic interconnects, I am struggling to notice the difference between the Arctic and Azure Reference. (I think one was £20 the other was £50 at good old RicherSounds).

So it got me thinking: Is it that me / my brain / my hearing that cant appreciate the subtleties that increasing expensive interconnects deliver.

I'm always amazed how much importance is placed on price. While it is true that in a very general sense, more expensive = better sound, there are many contridictions to this rule. Way too much credit is given to expensive equipment merely because it is expensive. I have heard interconnects costing 10 times what the chord crimson costs that sound worse to my ears. Same for amps and CDPs.

pauldownton1979

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
the atlantics a tenner, the arctic £20, i had both, a little difference. the pacific £30 is much much better i use it now you will notice a big difference if you get it. tho i will be swapping for chord crimson next week as it may synergize better with my system - we will see !!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It's not just about price, it's about you equipment, it's about the sound you like. An IC can make a discernable difference but I personally feel that it's about crafting a sound, going the extra mile. A £30 and a £50 IC from the same brand is going to be pretty similar. Move up to £200 and you get a decent swing. Change brands and you can get a decent swing...not always what you're after tho'.

momo72

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
the atlantics a tenner, the arctic £20, i had both, a little difference. the pacific £30 is much much better i use it now you will notice a big difference if you get it. tho i will be swapping for chord crimson next week as it may synergize better with my system - we will see !!

What is the difference (if any) between the Pacific in yellow jacket vs. the grey version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts