Dynaudio standmount choice

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I have decided on Dynaudio for a 14ft x 12ft front room. I cant decide between DM2/6, DM 2/7 or Excite x12. The amp used will be a Roksan Kandy 3 and music taste is varied. They have all been well reviewed, the DM 2/7 is the largest and the Excite the dearest.
The room has wooden block floor, leather sofa and a bay window. Due to the room chracteristics I have chosen Dynaudio to give me weight, authority and a degree of warmth. I havent got a local Dynaudio dealer so any advice would be really valuable.
Best wishes
Paul

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Many thanks for the advice.

If anyone has heard the Excite and can advise how much improvement they give over the Dm2/6 I would be grateful. They are slightly smaller but deeper than the 2/6 and I suspect have higher quality components?

I am on the Wirral and we dont have any Hi -Fi dealers at all never mind a Dynaudio retiler. The closest appears to be Bradys in Warrington and they dont stock the Excite range!

Paul

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have my Dynaudio Excite x12's for 2 years. I used them in a 3,5x5m room for 1 year, then in a very small, 2x3m room for another year. In both cases they've worked very good. In the small room they are pretty close to the back and side walls, but with the bungs in the sound is not boomy at all. I have been told, that the Excite's have a superior tweeter to the DM series( and have a real wood veener as well).

Wolf75 said:
I have my Dynaudio Excite x12's for 2 years. I used them in a 3,5x5m room for 1 year, then in a very small, 2x3m room for another year. In both cases they've worked very good. In the small room they are pretty close to the back and side walls, but with the bungs in the sound is not boomy at all. I have been told, that the Excite's have a superior tweeter to the DM series( and have a real wood veener as well).

If you use bungs, not only does it reduce bass but also the other frequencies. I'd personally avoid using bungs.

paulsue38

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Is sounds like the Exite is the speaker to go for then . Any thoughts on whether the Roksan Kandy 3 will be able to drive them ok?

Paul

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Without a doubt, you will have a better performance from the speakers without bungs. I don't have a possibility to use them that way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts