Dynaudio Focus 110 Active

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Been a regular reader of this forum, but this is my first post. My current systemis is as follows; Audiolab 8000 cde CD player, NAD 325 BEE amplifier and Usher s 520 speakers. I have been using this combination for about 2 years, but have now decided to replace the Ushers with a pair of active bookshelf speakers. Recently, I had a chance to listen to a pair of Dynaudion Focus 110 active speakers an really liked what I heard. My other option is AVI ADM 9.1. But I have no way of listining to them (I live in Norway).

When I auditioned the focus 110's they were connected to a Electrocompaniet amp and Cd player (not sure about the models). So my question is if I could use the NAD 325 BEE as a preamp or whether I would have to buy a better preamp to get the best out of the Focus 110 actives?

Your help is much appreciated.

Hi Delan1

The C325BEE can be used as a pre amp for the time being. It has a more than respectable performance (i have used it as a pre amp with some expensive Chord Electronics power amps and was just fine
emotion-1.gif
). Later on you could upgrade to the excellent NAD C165BEE pre amp.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick. It is comforting to know that the C325BEE wouldn't significantly diminish the performance of the Focus 110's
emotion-1.gif
Also, thanks for recommending the NAD C165BEE as a potential upgrade.

Delan1:Thanks Rick. It is comforting to know that the C325BEE wouldn't significantly diminish the performance of the Focus 110's
emotion-1.gif
Also, thanks for recommending the NAD C165BEE as a potential upgrade.

Hi Delan1

Your welcome.

Just as the C160/C162 were superb the new C165BEE is also an excellent pre amp. It will easily drive the input load of the Focus 110's.

Happy new year.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS