DVD player caput?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
My dvd player has started showing stuff in black and white. I've checked all obvious connections - i think. anyone else had this problem? is it cream crackered?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i assume thats a yes its beggared. if anyone can reccommend a cheap n cheerful dvd player (with divx would be great but non essential) to keep me going til i get a br player...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Toshiba SD370, for about £40 or so?

But it does sound like a loose connection or a setting that's switched to NTSC or something - how's it connected and what to?

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks! Its just connected to my panny crt by scart i think. As you may know from the past, connections are a huge weak point for me. Ive not knowingly changed any settings. Just double checked to be sure, and the prob hasnt magically fixed itself. damn. its an irritating time for it, as i was going to upgrade my TV and disk player later in the year or even early next. Thats why i just want a cheap job as ive a number of other bigger budget things to do before then.

John Duncan

Take the scart out and put it back in again, it's usually that. Check it's set to PAL and not NTSC and that the video outputs aren't something stupid like S-Video (it might have booted itself up to defualt settings by magic - happens to my humax pvr).

Otherwise, off to tescos for a toshiba.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
oops. sorry. its working, but the "video out (AV/Component)" says S-~Video/YPbPr...that right? EDIT *** Sorry again. answered my own question. it only looks right on that. and the "ntsc output" bit is set to PAL 60. Thanks again folks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts