DVD picture. Clare and the rest of the team

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,guy's.
I,m looking for the best dvd player in the market at the moment and don't matter if it's a Blu-ray player.
I read your review of the Pioneer DV-LX50 which is going for £300 now.
In your review you mentioned it's one of the best players you tested and you got the sense it's squeezing every last drop possible from the format.

Question 1:I found the Marantz DV7001 for £300,out of the two which is better.
Question 2:Also found Marantz DV-9001 for £500 should i consider.
Question 3:pioneer BDP-LX71 for £400,dvd pictures can it match any of the above players.

Thank you very much guy's.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think some of the BlueRay players are getting very good now, and I'm sure I read somewhere that the Marantz BD7003 matched the Pioneer LX-50 for DVDs.

I think certainly if you're upscaling then the XDE500 seems to be pretty much the best you can do for picture, but even for standard def it has to dig up the detail to be upscaled. Since I'm not in the market for BlueRay yet, that's what I went with to replace my Marantz DV4100OSE, whcih was well-regarded, and I think the Toshiba beats it for picture (SD via scart) and sound.

I think BlueRay is making a lot of progress currently, and hopefully the BlueRay I eventually get will also do great DVD, so I didn't want to spend much on a DVD player right now, rather putting it into a better player at that point. However, having used it I'd be happy to keep the Toshiba.

I looked at the DV7001, which I would have really liked, but it didn't make sense if just for DVDs, (I'm not bothered about SACD, DVDA, or CD playback seriously, as I have a Sonos, though the XDE500 does a good job via digital out).

When you take away all the universal stuff that the older players do, and factor in build quality, then you can imagine how the XDE500 might match them, but I've done no direct comparisons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts