Dune 2021

manicm

What I've gleaned from people watching it at the cinema, and after I watched in on Blu-Ray, is that it's probably the most punishing movie sound-wise.

Many complained about the sound at the cinemas that the dialog was not clear enough - my guess is the audio systems were simply not up to scratch. And so the Blu-ray proved - it's really demanding of your system. The highs and lows mean that, if you don't have your system setup just so, you will be constantly adjusting the volume.

I would go as far as to say that your AV amp would need to be calibrated specifically just to watch this movie.

manicm

To recap I have the Blu-ray 1080p. And I've just noticed something very interesting - even this HD disc has Dolby Atmos!

I'm now inclined to get a 4K disc player, I don't want a Sony as their older players required manual switching for Atmos, as opposed to others. Any suggestions? Ideally a midrange player, not fussed about music or CDs.

To recap I have the Blu-ray 1080p. And I've just noticed something very interesting - even this HD disc has Dolby Atmos!

I'm now inclined to get a 4K disc player, I don't want a Sony as their older players required manual switching for Atmos, as opposed to others. Any suggestions? Ideally a midrange player, not fussed about music or CDs.
Panasonic makes very reliable players.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts