Dual headphone use from a single headphone jack

joe15hifi

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Advice please/ or a bit of background electrical explanation (?) - does anyone out there habitually use two (identical or different) headphones powered from a single output jack? (In my case headphone power source is Marantz PM8003 amp, or Audiolab Q-DAC with headphone o/p). If the headphones are of similar impedances (say 250ohm) what,if any, affect(s) is are there? And what if they are widely different? Are there likely to be limitations using the DAC? Thanks in advance..

joe15hifi said:
Advice please/ or a bit of background electrical explanation (?) - does anyone out there habitually use two (identical or different) headphones powered from a single output jack? (In my case headphone power source is Marantz PM8003 amp, or Audiolab Q-DAC with headphone o/p). If the headphones are of similar impedances (say 250ohm) what,if any, affect(s) is are there? And what if they are widely different? Are there likely to be limitations using the DAC? Thanks in advance..
i don't these days, but have done in te past. Although there may be a drop in the impedance the amp sees, most phones are sufficiently high impedance and in any case draw low power, so it should make scant difference.

It might not be ideal on a weedy USB DAc, but any mains powered unit should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts