DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 or 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
If a blu-ray disc says the audio is DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 do I need to have 7 surround speakers or will my Onkyo 875 decode it to the 5.1 it's set up with?

BTW, when are you going to post some info on the forthcoming Denon Blu Ray players? There's loads of info on the US website but SFA on the UK one?? You guys must be in the know.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mv"]
If a blu-ray disc says the audio is DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 do I need to have 7 surround speakers or will my Onkyo 875 decode it to the 5.1 it's set up with?

[/quote]

Yes, it'll decode it to suit your set-up.

[quote user="mv"]

BTW, when are you going to post some info on the forthcoming Denon Blu Ray players? There's loads of info on the US website but SFA on the UK one?? You guys must be in the know.

[/quote]

As you'll see from this post, we've been writing about Denon's Blu-ray players for months. Still no sign of the things in the Uk, though. They will be 'previewing' players at the Bristol Show, but still US spec.

To be fair, I know a lot of higher-end manufacturers have been keeping out of the HD player game until the format-war was settled - and also until they could work out how to deliver a player that offers the all-round-performance their kit has a reputation of delivering. Very, very hard to get HD players (cos of the different lasers) to perform well with, say, Blu-ray, DVD and CDs...

A

Anonymous

I just had my first experiance with DTS HD MA 5.1. My Panasonic BD-30K BD player arrived today from the US. Running it through the 605 and my B&W's I was blown away at how good this audio track really is. WOW.

TRENDING THREADS