Drop down advert

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
It's took me 10 minutes to log in and there are a least 2 drop down adverts and I do not need either, I would have got here earlier to complain about it but have found it nigh on impossible to get here. And now i'm struggling to load this.Could be a good night to read a book.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Folks, we're really, really sorry about this, but as I've posted elsewhere there's a problem with the system that serves our ads on the site and unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to fix it until tomorrow morning. A thousand apologies.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
As I've posted elsewhere, really sorry about this but there's a problem with the system that serves the ads on our site and unfortunately it looks like we won't be able to get it fixed until the morning.

Believe me, I'm steaming about this and will have words with those responsible first thing tomorrow. In the meantime, try refreshing the page and that should get rid off it.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Download adblocker. You simply right click on the ad that's hacking you off and select block. No more ad. Ever. Simple.

A

Anonymous

I keep getting adverts for sofa's and stuff coming up on the forum to the extent that they stop me reading peoples posts.
don't want to click on them.
what do I do?

A

Anonymous

I just hit refresh a few times and it went, although it is annoying. :)

poolmaster

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
On your computer choose internet options ( internet explorer) and turn up your pop up blocker to high. That will sort out the blighters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're back ...................sorry guys i'm wrong again

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
As I've mentioned previously, I will go out pf my way to never buy anything from an advertiser that does pop-ups as I think they go beyond what should be allowed, simply far too intrusive and I think it shows a blatant disregard for punters, 99% of whom have no interest in their product. Advertising should be clever, not irritating and unfortunately many advertisers are too stupid to understand this.

ÿ

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
To clarify, this is not a deliberate pop-up by an advertiser, but the error of the person in the commercial dept loading the wrong sort of ad in this ad-position: it's trying to serve a skyscraper ad in a leaderboard position.

Totally out of the control of us, the editorial team, despite Andy's particular efforts since 5.30pm to get anyone to sort it!

I can only apologies again on behalf of us all, but assure you that no-one is more frustrated than ourselves, and that i've already escalated this incident. Butts will be kicked.....

A

Anonymous

These pop ups are very annoying. The worst I have seen on a web site that I visit regularly. In most cases there is also no way of closing them without clicking on an add.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Mmmmmm now there are three threads about this topic on three different forums all saying the same thing, now andy/clare are having to write the same thing on three threads.

daveh75

As annoying as the ad's are,it's not nearly annoying as people not bothering to check if a thread already exist's on the subject and starting a new one.We dont really need 3 threads on the subject do we!

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

As I've mentioned previously, I will go out pf my way to never buy anything from an advertiser that does pop-ups as I think they go beyond what should be allowed, simply far too intrusive and I think it shows a blatant disregard for punters, 99% of whom have no interest in their product. Advertising should be clever, not irritating and unfortunately many advertisers are too stupid to understand this.

Yup, its put me off that furniture store for life. Bit like that double glazing advert on the tv ( you know you buy one you get one free).

Never in a million sundays.

You are so right "Advertising should be clever"

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

Yup, its put me off that furniture store for life. Bit like that double glazing advert on the tv ( you know you buy one you get one free).

Never in a million sundays.

You are so right "Advertising should be clever"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts