angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I'm planning to upgrade my DAC/AMP for my HD599. They sound great but they would definitely beneficiate from a better source. I'm using Tidal as my streaming service. I tried the LG V30 but I wasn't great for me, since I already had a phone with a decent dac. I have heard nice things about the DFR and really interested in it. My other options are the ifi zen dac (to hard to get where I live) or a chinese DAP (concern about warranty and return). The only thing that I'm worried is the build quality. It doesn't seem pretty durable.
Please tell your experiences with the DFR or any other DAC you paired withe HD599.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I'm planning to upgrade my DAC/AMP for my HD599. They sound great but they would definitely beneficiate from a better source. I'm using Tidal as my streaming service. I tried the LG V30 but I wasn't great for me, since I already had a phone with a decent dac. I have heard nice things about the DFR and really interested in it. My other options are the ifi zen dac (to hard to get where I live) or a chinese DAP (concern about warranty and return). The only thing that I'm worried is the build quality. It doesn't seem pretty durable.
Please tell your experiences with the DFR or any other DAC you paired withe HD599.

Hi,

I use to own the Sennheiser HD600's, brilliant headphones. I got excellent results with a Marantz headphone dac. Also owned the second gen DragonFly dac for my laptop, the set up was a pair of Bang and Olufsen H6 headphones. The DragonFly was about 5% better than my laptop. Not sure how much of an upgrade the red version is over the second gen.

Try test some Dacs if you can, bring your headphones along is an easy task!

angelmf2704

Nov 15, 2020
Visit site
That Marantz seems excellent. I really want to get a nice dac/amp so I can enjoy and actually percieve the potential sound quality of another headphones. I once had the HD560s, they were awesome but they were overly bright and that could be an effect on my setup, a chinese cheap dac.

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

doifeellucky

Thanks, but I live in Mexico. Amazon sells the Dragonfly so technically it's my best choice.
From my experience you may not notice much of a difference. I bought the Zen DAC V2 and some Grado 325x and didn’t notice any significant difference, other than volume, compared to my other headphones through my phone. I tried hires, CD and Spotify. Your results may very but for me terms such as ‘night and day’ and ‘blows away’ certainly do not apply. Night and day is going from a VHS recording to Blu-ray.

D

Deleted member 160668

I've owned a Dragonfly Red. I have Senn HD700 and a pair of IE800S in-ears.

I use an Oppo HA2 DAC/Amp. This sound much better than the DFR in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts