Down the Rabbit Hole...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
So is the price you pay Amazon the total price you will pay for an item from these international sellers?
When the Item is in stock in the UK being sold on behalf of a seller, and can be shipped on Prime for next day it is. If it's an international seller, Amazon states that they are an international seller.

Edit: Sorry Si, just seen you replied before me :)

Reactions: Si O' the Times
D

Deleted member 188533

The SU-9 has a fairly small footprint. Initial impressions are very positive. The stack of crap on my desk got smaller anyway. :p

20210408_173457.jpg

Reactions: Al ears
D

Deleted member 188533

Not that I noticed. Probably different packaging since I'm in the US.

green-gf

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
So I hit on this discussion after wondering if and searching for What Hi-Fi reviews for DACs from brands like SMSL and Topping and Douk - all raved about on Head-FI and Audio Science Review (with all kinds of tests done on devices and graphs of outputs shown). Surely these should be included in the reviews mix rather than just the regular suspects, with their increasing prices (thanks, Brexit!). Geoff

skinnypuppy71

Aug 10, 2021
Visit site
I keep recommending NJC audio but no one listens..lol.fantastic British made cottage industry type manufacturer. I have both the dac and headphone amplifier.

So I hit on this discussion after wondering if and searching for What Hi-Fi reviews for DACs from brands like SMSL and Topping and Douk - all raved about on Head-FI and Audio Science Review (with all kinds of tests done on devices and graphs of outputs shown). Surely these should be included in the reviews mix rather than just the regular suspects, with their increasing prices (thanks, Brexit!). Geoff
they review what they are sent.....

Tinman1952

They never do because those brands don't advertise in What HiFi and anyway they are out of touch with what people are actually buying......🙄

They never do because those brands don't advertise in What HiFi and anyway they are out of touch with what people are actually buying......🙄
You have proof I am sure....
What is it with you guys.
If that's your line of thinking why the hell are you looking at WHF for reviews of kit?
Suggest you look elsewhere in the web for some other persons opinion, as I am sure that's just as valid..... :cool:

I have never seen a review of: Topping, SMSL, VMV, Loxjie, Sabaj, Douk Audio, Audeze, Meze, Campfire Audio, HiFiMan, Moondrop, 1More, Xduuo, Emotiva, Fiio, Hidisz or any Drop products......or even Schiit ! 🙂
I would be happy to be proved wrong...
that's exactly my point. If none of these manufacturers send their items to WHF for review you aren't going to see one.... :)
You want reviews of this kit then there are other places to look.
As I said if these companies don't feel they want to be reviewed by WHF then they will not be.

Last edited:

Tinman1952

that's exactly my point. If none of these manufacturers send their items to WHF for review you aren't going to see one.... :)
You want reviews of this kit then there are other places to look.
As I said if these companies don't feel they want to be reviewed by WHF then they will not be.
Well other reviewers request products for review...and offer a more balanced view of what the majority are buying...just saying. Otherwise any 'best of' list is pretty pointless.
Interesting you feel the need to defend their parochial view......l🤔

Well other reviewers request products for review...and offer a more balanced view of what the majority are buying...just saying. Otherwise any 'best of' list is pretty pointless.
Interesting you feel the need to defend their parochial view......l🤔
I am not defending anyone here, the simple point is if a company wants their kit reviewed it is normal for them to send an example to said reviewer. The idea of requesting kit is very debatable. It is normally less well known companies needing to be reviewed.
it's as simple as that, I don't see conspiracy where there isn't any. That's called paranoia....

Last edited:
Reactions: shadders

Tinman1952

I am not defending anyone here, the simple point is if a company wants their kit reviewed it is normal for them to send an example to said reviewer.
it's as simple as that, I don't see conspiracy where there isn't any. That's called paranoia....
Well I would suggest it is not 'normal' in this 21st century age with many Internet reviewers embarrassing What HiFi with their market coverage. An international magazine which prides itself on reflecting the state of this hobby should be more proactive in seeking popular products for review.
Otherwise the 'best of' lists should be renamed 'best of the ones we have been sent...'

Well I would suggest it is not 'normal' in this 21st century age with many Internet reviewers embarrassing What HiFi with their market coverage. An international magazine which prides itself on reflecting the state of this hobby should be more proactive in seeking popular products for review.
Otherwise the 'best of' lists should be renamed 'best of the ones we have been sent...'
I rest my case......If you want to get on WHF best of list you have to send a sample for review.
Every publications list is determined the same way

Reactions: shadders
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts