DON'T BUY TCL TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gau gau

Feb 15, 2022
Visit site
I bought a TCL tv (model: 55P8M) on 10 Dec 2019, but it was only delivered to my home in late January 2020. This meant that I was cheated out of more than one month's warranty out of the 12-month full warranty period even before I got the tv.

And as if it was pre-programmed, in late January 2021 (ie after the 12-month full warranty had expired), 1/3 of the screen started blinking. But as the 12-month full warranty had ended, I had little choice but to live with the blinking screen. I thought the worst was over.

However, almost exactly two years after I received the tv, the screen went completely kaput in late January! Every time I switch on the tv, I only see multi-coloured lines! No picture, no sound, nothing else! And this after just two years.

I have bought many other tv brands - Philips, Samsung, JVC, Panasonic, Sony, etc - and they all lasted for at least five years each. None of them got completely spoilt after just two years. I very strongly recommend NOT buying a TCL tv. Spend a few dollars more, and get a better quality tv. TCL tv quality is crap.

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're in the UK then use consumer rights legislation to get a repair or refund. You would expect an item like a television to last much longer than that - usual assumption is up to 6 years if used as specified.

D

Deleted member 197450

I am surprised that after owning the TV's you have had you would go for a cheap model with only one year warranty.I

oddly enough in the UK they do have a two year warranty
5 years from Costco:

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
To be honest i would not expect any cheap TV to last more than 24 months get 36 and you are laughing to the bank TCL like Hisense are not made to last . Why should they be . They be out of date within 24 months anyway The Current 55 inch model at under £500 is probably the best 4K ultra for the money for under £800 or even more . Would i buy one ? maybe , maybe not there is a very good LG out there , with FREESAT
If you're in the UK then use consumer rights legislation to get a repair or refund. You would expect an item like a television to last much longer than that - usual assumption is up to 6 years if used as specified.
UP to i doubt it 3 years maybe but the TV will be out of date in 2 years that show how fast things move

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
sorry to say i am not one of those rich guys with credit cards and the wallets to match. Only problem i have had is the shop advert that comes up , but think the new software would solve that problem but not that bothered ( TV price is now £299 ) Wife is very happy with it so i am happy too . . will i get another probably yes i look at the 2023 Hisense too as well. Not a lot better about twice that price. Note Toshiba have a new model out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts