Dolby Atmos

manicm

I have a 10 year old Cambridge Audio 751 Blu Ray player, and bought the Dune Blu-ray disc, and to my surprise it's outputting Dolby Atmos to my LG C1 TV.

How does that work, I thought you need a Dolby Atmos specified player?

Our 2021 LG telly seems to select Dolby Atmos on certain streams, but I don’t know what triggers it. Seems to recognise a movie-type production but I’m unsure if it carries a encoded signal, which I guess is why you asked?

manicm

Our 2021 LG telly seems to select Dolby Atmos on certain streams, but I don’t know what triggers it. Seems to recognise a movie-type production but I’m unsure if it carries a encoded signal, which I guess is why you asked?

Well the Dune cover does state it's encoded with Dolby Atmos, even though it's non 4k, still I wasn't expecting the output from my old Cambridge.

manicm

What's the rest of your system like? Blu ray players have no issues bitstreaming Atmos to the AV receiver to process (because the base codec is True HD).

Nothing. I'm deciding between a Sonos Arc, or KEF LSX2. The only issue with the latter is that they'll be right against the back wall. It's more the layout of my living room rather than size, with a corner on the left, and an entrance toward the right. Also have a couch on the left wall.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts